Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is Belief In Muhammad ﷺ Necessary?

• Is Belief In Muhammad ﷺ Necessary?

Posted by Altamash Ali on May 31, 2021 at 8:34 am

i want to ask about is it actually 100% necessary to have a believe in Muhammad ﷺ?

Quran have some ayahs in which it is not a necessary thing to be succesful in next life like here..

like in Quran 2:62 in which jew and chrisitan and major religion were counted and Allah said anyone who believe in Allah and last day and do good will be saved.

and major turn is in Quran 3:64 when Quran says to tell people of book to believe in Allah alone and THAT’S ITHushed and it says that’s it… but if they don’t even believe in God and associate with him then turn away from them

i mean what if some christian or afnostic is agree with me that God exist and there is nothing like him, hence we can’t assocaite anything with him.. SO IS HE ALSO A NORMAL HUMAN LIKE ME, SINCE I DIDN’T TURNED AWAY FROM HIM.

i think i am not able to explain what i really meant that’s why i linked this video from Hassan al maliki. he explained well..

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO WAIT FOR A REASONABLE ANSWER. IS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO BELIEVE IN MUHAMMAD ﷺ??

https://youtu.be/F8fH83dYg4Q

Ahsan replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Is Belief In Muhammad ﷺ Necessary?

Ahsan updated 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 31, 2021 at 9:49 am

Yes it is necessary.
    Kindly refer to following thread
    Discussion 34569

Also read tadabur i quran from page 231. Here i tadresses the exact same question.
    https://ghamidi.tv/books/tadabbur-e-quran-vol-1-214

• Altamash Ali

Member May 31, 2021 at 10:32 am

Thanks to cite tadabbur al-Quran it was nice thing About people who are Big scholars in jews and chrisitans of prophet’s time when mass itmam al-Hujjah took place in arabian peninsula.

But my question remains same about after the Sahaba and about this time, if a new guy have understanding that God exist as Uncaused, iltelligent and eternal. from any community on personal basis and is 100% honest and he doesn’t do Kufr(hide the any truth that he considers to be true in heart).

but he have some serious question about prophet in smog of rumours and fraud hadith, and have serious problem with Quran 9:5(sword verse) if it comes without concept of Itmam al-Hujjah.

and yeah this itmam al-Hujjah concept in highlighted by Ghamidi sahab.. and none of the scholar can address this ayah in 1000 year of classical history.

so yah.. what about him??

do you know on day of judgement when people will go to hell they will say “Indeed we were kafirs(hiding truth) in world” –means they will know already that they hide the truth in world.

but for example that guy or girl doesn’t did any kufr then what??

you know ultimate goal of Quran is to enlight Taqwa…

and that guy also had Taqwa by remembering God and Judgement day…

Then what?

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَـٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَـٰكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓا۟ ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتْقَىٰكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ

“O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the one who have highest Taqwa in you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Aware.”

-Quran 49:13

pls can u provide me an answer according to absence of Prophet

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 31, 2021 at 11:55 am

Please see:

Discussion 1906

• Altamash Ali

Member June 1, 2021 at 3:00 am

Thanks brother…

But again question remains unchanged.. i am actually concerned about ayah 3:64 of Quran.. in which Allah ﷻ have said to prophetﷺ, to be upright or show care with people of book if they believe in God and accept that nothing can be associated with Him….understood it correctly??

Tell them: “O People of the Book! Come to what is common between you and us: that we will worship none but God, that we will associate nothing with Him, and that none of us shall make anyone except God as our Lord.”

Quran 3:64

so does it not show that they are to some extent are Muslim (submitted to God) even if they belong to other communities ??….

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “I have been ordered to fight the people until they say La Ilaha Illallah“, and if they say that, then their blood and wealth will be protected from me, except what it makes obligatory upon them, and their reckoning is up to Allah.”

Jami` at-Tirmidhi : 2606

look there is no necessity to say muhammadur rasulullah even during itmam al-Hujjah.

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Whoever said “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a barley grain will be taken out of Hell. And whoever said: “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of a wheat grain will be taken out of Hell. And whoever said, “None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and has in his heart good (faith) equal to the weight of an atom will be taken out of Hell.”

Sahih al-Bukhari : 44

pls i’ll wait for answer.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 1, 2021 at 6:12 am

All verses of the Quran must be understood in their respective contexts, and narrations must be understood in the light of the Quran.

An argument on the basis of the Quran that belief in Prophet Muhammad SAW is not necessary is invalid. Without belief in Prophet Muhammad there’s no divine significance to the Quran. Also the narration that you referenced is in a completely different context. Besides, without belief in Prophet Muhammad as a prophet of God, any narration is just words that may have been uttered by a historical figure.

As stated in the thread I referenced above and explained in the video within, belief in prophets is not an absolute requirement for salvation. However, there has to be some justification for not believing in a prophet, for example, a person didn’t know about him or despite his sincere effort could not reach a satisfactory conclusion about the prophet.

• Altamash Ali

Member June 1, 2021 at 7:35 am

What is our goal ?? to reach at highest level of Taqwa!! right?

Why would u need a divine Scripture to have highest level of Taqwa?? didn’t u read story of Luqman عليه السلام

Quran is only here to solve the disputes among the people (see Quran 2:213)… and here u have many people all around world who don’t even care about this divine scripture.. even they do know they can’t produce something like it objectively.

“so yeah Prophets have zero contribution in person’s heart to increase their taqwa”

“You [Prophet] cannot guide everyone you love to the truth; it is God who guides whoever He will(according to his law): He knows best those who will follow guidance.”

-Quran 28:56

and yeah i have question!!….. was prophet sent by God to make people accept himself as Messenger of God? or people believed that indeed he is messenger of God because of Quran and his Seerah & sunnah and He introduced himself as Messenger?!

here i have a hadith if u think above previous hadith had another context.

THIS hadith have normal context like prophet is in day to day life in early prophethood period . read

‘Amr b. ‘Abasa Sulami reported:

I adopted a friendly attitude (towards the Meccans and thus managed) to enter Mecca and go to him (the Holy Prophet) and I said to him: Who are you? He said: I am a Prophet (of Allah). I again said: Who is a Prophet? He said: (I am a Prophet in the sense that) I have been sent by Allah. I said: What is that which you have been sent with? He said: I have been sent to join ties of relationship (with kindness and affection), to break the Idols, and to proclaim the oneness of Allah (in a manner that) nothing is to be associated with Him. I said: Who is with you in this (in these beliefs and practices)? He said: A free man and a slave. He (the narrator) said: Abu Bakr and Bilal were there with him among those who had embraced Islam by that time.

Sahih al-Muslim : 832

1. so yeah i would like to repeat the question… was prophet ﷺ sent by God to make people accept himself as Messenger of God?? or people believed that indeed he is messenger of God because of Quran and his Seerah & sunnah and He introduced himself as Messenger?!

2. and if it’s true that prophet ﷺ was not sent by God to make people accept hiimself as Messenger of God, then why do today’s Islamic scholars make it obligatory to have believe in prophet Muhammad ﷺ as a minimum criteria to be recognized as Muslim??

Salam.

Orange Heart

• Ahsan

Moderator June 1, 2021 at 9:18 am

If you take Quranic verse in isolation then you will conclude that there is no need to believe in Prophet Mohammad saw. If you read tadaburi quran, Amin Islahi sb has mentioned the reasoning based on quranic verses. Hadith is not independent source of Islam.
    On this issue, ghamidi sb has little different view than Amin islahi sb. He thinks, if a person is convinced that prophet Mohammad saw is messanger and denies it then he will be punished. However, a person is not convinced then there is no issue. He will be judged accordingly.

Itmam hujjat concept existed before ghamidi sb but they way he describe is something different.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register