• Hadith Collection And Compilation

• Umer

Moderator May 31, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Please refer to the following links:

Please refer from 28:47 to 37:01

ilm-o-Hikmat 22-05-2016

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 6, 2022 at 10:11 am

Here he said that there were two attitudes of Sahaba some were very protective and said that we wouldn’t say anything because maybe we have heard or understood wrong like Abu Bakr RA and others like Abu Hurairah RA were like these are the talks of Prophet SAW and others should also get it,can i get some reference of it like some book because in another book i have read that Abu Bakr RA because he was caliph and has many responsibilities that’s why he couldn’t transmit much.

• Umer

Moderator January 7, 2022 at 1:06 am

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 7, 2022 at 7:00 am

He said you will get work of Hadees down,i didn’t get that, there is a link of website which tells only about Hassan sahab.

• Abdullah AbdulRahman

Member January 7, 2022 at 7:03 am

And there are some verses of Quran in which Allah said”Obey Allah and Prophet SAW”

قُلۡ اَطِيۡعُوا اللّٰهَ وَالرَّسُوۡلَ‌‌ ۚ فَاِنۡ تَوَلَّوۡا فَاِنَّ اللّٰهَ لَا يُحِبُّ الۡكٰفِرِيۡنَ ۞

In many verses Allah said that,some people give this as evidence?

• Umer

Moderator May 31, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Please also refer from 1:56 to 9:06

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 11-10-2020

• Umer

Moderator May 31, 2021 at 9:45 pm
  • Lubna Syed

Member June 3, 2021 at 11:51 am

Assalam o alaykum,

JazakAllah khair thank you for posting links. Also I wanted to know that did Abu Bakkar Siddique RA and Omar RA burnt the records of collection of ahadiths , during their khilafah?

As I heard by sir ghamidi too that both didn’t allow the work of hadith collection and compilations.

JazakAllah khair

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm

There was no work initiated to compile or collect hadith during the time of Caliphs. The khulafa were busy in spreading Quran in the ummat during their time. The Khulafa including Ali bin Abi Talib Discouraged reporting the hadith. This was done intentionally so that Quran would get highlighted in Muslim Ummah instead of Hadith. They feared that Quran would be sidelined hence they reported as few hadith as possible. Also they feared for errors in reporting.

• Abbas

Member June 4, 2021 at 1:35 am

Thank you, Fahad. Can I trouble you to forward known reliable/authentic sources that provide details on the matter of Khulafa e Rashideen discouraging the reporting of ahadith? Such sources may be an interesting read as they may clarify the initial environment after the demise of the Messenger P.b.u.H. I have heard Mohataram Ghamidi Sb. advising that Hazrat Abu Bakr r.a and Hazrat Umer r.a personally preferred the approach of saying less with reference to the Messenger. However, I do not recall (from his lectures) that the first two Khulafa discouraged other sahaba from reporting ahadith. Moreover, it was my understanding that M Ghamidi Sb. had implied his conclusion on their personal preference from the fact that very few narrations link to the first two Khulafa.

Regards

• اشهل صادق

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:46 am

Peace!

I also would like to know if the popular reports on the closest companions of the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم discouraging Hadith transmission are reliable or not. These are taken from Mahmud Ibn Rayyah’s Lights on the Muhammadan Sunnah, which can be read here: https://www.al-islam.org/printpdf/book/export/html/67375

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 8, 2021 at 9:29 pm

So far found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_Umar%27s_ban_on_hadith#cite_note-9

Will search for the relevant Sunni hadith quoted in this article.

• Lubna Syed

Member June 9, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Great. Thanks very much

• Lubna Syed

Member June 5, 2021 at 11:49 am

Thank you JazakAllah khair

• Lubna Syed

Member June 3, 2021 at 8:01 pm

Thank you all JazakAllah khair

• Lubna Syed

Member December 2, 2021 at 1:42 pm

Assalam o alaykum.

I watched the thread, but there is no reference given about that. If you or anyone know the reference of any Source, or any narration that khulafa e rashideen asked muslims to restrain from narrating and compiling of narrations during their rule.please share

Thank you

JazakAllah khair

• Lubna Syed

Member December 2, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Many thanks JazakAllah

I got it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register