Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Quran 5:3-5

• Quran 5:3-5

Posted by Fatimah on June 1, 2021 at 1:02 am

Ayahs says;Animals killed by trained hunter animals are halal(with few rules).

so my question is what we see in our society people go on hunting batair, killing them by guns or maybe tranquilizing guns(I am not sure about this but if killed by it). Would it be halal to consume?

My conscious says it’s not halal consuming batairs like this.

Pour in your opinion on this.

JazakAllah

Fatimah replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator June 1, 2021 at 7:59 pm

If proper tazkiya and tasmiya is being done i.e. if they can be slaughtered properly before their death if shot through a tranquillizer or a gun, then this will render the meat halal. And as per my knowledge, people who hunt in Pakistan do in fact fulfill these requirements.

• Fatimah

Member June 2, 2021 at 1:21 am

What do you mean by meat is being rendered? Is it halal or not?

Some People(A) say that birds killed through hunting are halal to consume.

Other say(B) that we slit the throat after hunting them.

Emm, what do you say on this?

So this is the thumb rule? If the bird is dead already, you killed it through gun, then what’s the point of slitting throat.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 2, 2021 at 4:52 am

if you find the hunted bird or animal alive, you need to do Tazkia by slaughtering its throat to make it Halal for you, and if you find it dead, it is declared Halal, no further tazkia is required.

• Fatimah

Member June 2, 2021 at 6:08 am

If found dead then Declared halal?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 4, 2021 at 3:32 am

Yes it is Halal.

• Fatimah

Member June 4, 2021 at 4:04 am

I don’t get this. How is it halal. Murdar janwar is not halal.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 4, 2021 at 5:07 am

Hunted means hunted by your trained animal like dog or eagle or shot by arrow or bullet fire. If you find it dead it is halal. see Suran Maida verse 4

• Fatimah

Member June 4, 2021 at 10:56 am

Yes I know I have quoted the ayah above. I think in this ayah hunted mean only killed by your trained animal alone .

@faisalharoon can you please get me the answer to my query.?

JazakAllah

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 4, 2021 at 1:00 pm

If the blood is drained while killing the bird with bullet than the batair becomes halal. Also before firing the shot Bismillah is necessary and the person firing the shot must believe in tawheed. If the blood does not drains out than the animal is impure and forbidden to eat.

The tranquillizer gun makes the bird unconscious. I dont know if the blood is drained in this case. if it does than its halal.

• Fatimah

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Well one can’t expect the blood to be completely drained off from the body if the it has been shot randomly anywhere. Slitting the throat mean the main vein has been slit open (the biggest vein) which serves as an outlet for the blood to be pushed out of the body. When the animal is already dead, there’s no point of slitting the throat because the heart has stopped pumping. Indeed there’s a hikmat behind every hukum of Allah.

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 5, 2021 at 11:55 am

True. But if done carefully with bow & arrow(archery) by trained archers than the throat might be slit properly. the animals have a natural instinct to kill from the neck/throat and that also serves the purpose of draining the blood, severing the main vein or artery. Which is why the animal hunted by a trained hunter dog is permitted. Also Eagle & Shaheen catch their prey by attacking the neck. Thanks for your reply. 🙂

• Umer

Moderator June 5, 2021 at 1:33 am

Please refer to the video below from 12:36 to 21:07

https://youtu.be/i2DSCyflSEc?t=756

• Fatimah

Member June 5, 2021 at 2:00 pm

It is clear now, JazakAllah.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register