Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Law For Marriage In Sindh Assembly

• Law For Marriage In Sindh Assembly

Posted by Sarwar Hussain on June 2, 2021 at 8:05 am

A member of sindh assembly has submitted a bill for marriage that it should be done on 18 years orherwise parents are responsible for the same .

Kindly guide what islam says about early marriage , or kea yeh bill sahi pesh kea gaya he.

Ahsan replied 2 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Law For Marriage In Sindh Assembly

Ahsan updated 2 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 13 Replies
  • Talha Mujahid

Member June 2, 2021 at 8:55 am

As per the guidance of Islam about the minimum age of Marriage is at reaching the adulthood. So as there is 100% possibility that when a man or woman will reach at the age of 18, he or she will be adult. In this regard, if any Govt. wanted to fix 18 year, there is nothing wrong and contradictory to Islamic Teaching. The reason behind enforcing this law is after observing the negative aspects of under 18 marriages which leads to separation and sometimes most worse situation than this.

• اشهل صادق

Member June 2, 2021 at 9:37 am

Peace!

Sir, the proposal in not to forbid marriage for people under 18, but to force and make compulsory marriage for people at age 18. Please read the following article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dawn.com/news/amp/1625823

• Talha Mujahid

Member June 2, 2021 at 10:23 am

Sorry my bad, I get wrong.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 2, 2021 at 11:16 am

Islam donot recommend any age. It depnds on social conditions. Here is ghamidi sb view on this matter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzcxn79hbP4

• Ahsan

Moderator June 2, 2021 at 11:17 am
  • Umer

Moderator June 2, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Ghamidi Sahab has expressed his view on domain of law making for a government and what should we do in case we disagree with that. Please refer to the video below from 7:15 to 16:43

https://youtu.be/zskDdGLG0Jc?t=435

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 15-01-2017

• Hamza Faheem

Member August 2, 2021 at 8:38 pm

Assalam o Alaikum,

Ghamdi mentioned that a state should not make laws about same sex marriages. I have a question on this please.

Question:

When homosexuality is common in a society, it can lead to a breaking of the family system in a society.

This is because human beings are very impressionable and acceptance of homosexuality in a society can lead to more people ‘exploring their sexuality’ and trying out homosexuality, as seen in the West.

Keeping all of this in mind, can a state outlaw same sex marriages as it might be a ‘Sadd e Zariya’ to destroying the family system.

Please ask this question from Ghamdi sahb for me, or enlighten me with your own knowledge.

Regards,

• Nadeem Minhas

Member August 2, 2021 at 9:14 pm

Brother Hamza. This seems to be very good question, but a separate topic. FYI, I agree with your conclusion that legal acceptance of homosexually is against Allah’s laws and it promotes such homosexuality. In fact I support strict laws against homosexuality and I support government providing education and incentives for people to marry their children early.

• Hamza Faheem

Member August 3, 2021 at 8:52 am

Thank you Nadeem Sahb. Eager to hear Ghamdi sahbs view on this too.

Regards,

• Ahsan

Moderator August 3, 2021 at 2:43 pm

As Nadeem sb suggested, open a new thread for ur question.

• Umer

Moderator June 2, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Please also refer to the video below from 1:00:11 to 1:00:55

• Ahsan

Moderator August 1, 2021 at 2:16 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 0:40:47 to 0:50:00

https://youtu.be/WyjOdUrp_FQ?t=2440

• Nadeem Minhas

Member August 2, 2021 at 9:07 pm

MashaAllah, no one can give a better answer than Ghamidi Sahib. Very wise, very knowledgeable snd intelligent answer 🙂

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register