Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran No Bearer Of Burdens Will Bear The Burdens Of Another

Tagged: ,

• Quran No Bearer Of Burdens Will Bear The Burdens Of Another

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on June 3, 2021 at 1:32 am

Fatir – 35:18

Arabic

وَلَا تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزۡرَ أُخۡرَىٰۚ وَإِن تَدۡعُ مُثۡقَلَةٌ إِلَىٰ حِمۡلِهَا لَا يُحۡمَلۡ مِنۡهُ شَىۡءٌ وَلَوۡ كَانَ ذَا قُرۡبَىٰٓۗ إِنَّمَا تُنذِرُ ٱلَّذِينَ يَخۡشَوۡنَ رَبَّهُم بِٱلۡغَيۡبِ وَأَقَامُواْ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَۚ وَمَن تَزَكَّىٰ فَإِنَّمَا يَتَزَكَّىٰ لِنَفۡسِهِۦۚ وَإِلَى ٱللَّهِ ٱلۡمَصِيرُ

What if a Christian says that Jesus صلى الله عليه وسلم has no burdens- that he is sinless. So he can carry their burdens. What would the reply be? Are messengers and prophets the type of people to be carrying ‘burdens’ of sin?

اشهل صادق replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran No Bearer Of Burdens Will Bear The Burdens Of Another

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 4, 2021 at 3:52 am

We would ask, why should he carry their sin? where did God tell that he would do that?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 4, 2021 at 6:22 am

Sure but this ayah doesn’t negate that a sinless person could carry sins right?

• اشهل صادق

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:17 pm

Peace!

Dr. Irfan can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that وازرة is a metaphor for نفس. It isn’t literal. That is why Ghamidi Sahab has translated لا تزر وازرة وزر اخرى as کوئی جان دوسرے کا بوجھ نہیں اٹھائے گی.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register