Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Hoor Part -2

• Hoor Part -2

Posted by Lubna Syed on June 3, 2021 at 8:00 pm

Assalam o alaykum

My question is regarding part -2 jannat ki hoor , for Ghamidi sahab , that is “ why Allah Subhanaho wa T’ala said “قصرات الطرف” a characteristic of women of Jannah, as we see on contrary men are told to lower their gazes in this world? So the rules will be same there or will change?

Please if ghamid sahab answer it in following programs on Hoor.

JazakAllah khair

Lubna Syed replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Hoor Part -2

Lubna Syed updated 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • اشهل صادق

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:24 am

Peace!

If I understood your question properly, you are asking why women will keep their gazes low in Jannah when men are told to keep their gazes low in this world.

First of all men and women both are asked to keep their gazes restrained in each others company. You can check Surah Nur, verse 30 and 31 (24:30-31) for this. Secondly, قاصرات الطرف is not about the آداب in the company of the opposite gender but about the modesty in women men find pleasing. Explaining this phrase, Ghamidi Sahab writes:

یہ عورتوں کے با حیا ہونے کی تعبیر ہے۔ اہل عرب اِسی کو عورت کا سب سے بڑا حسن قرار دیتے تھے۔

Regarding your question on rules, sorry, I wasn’t able to understand it. Maybe I can be of some help if you explain it a little. Bear in mind that the picture the Quran paints of heaven and hell are from the امور متشابہات.

• Lubna Syed

Member June 4, 2021 at 10:24 am

Assalam o alaykum

Yes you understood my question right, yes I was thinking so that is same rules for both men and women.

I meant by “ rules” like laws of Allah Subhanaho wa T’ala or instructions, so in jannah men and women will keep the modesty? Like men and women will be instructed to lower their gazes in Jannah as well? Or it won’t matter.

JazakAllah khair for response

Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register