A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Women Head Covering In Prayers

Tagged: , , ,

• Women Head Covering In Prayers

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 10 months ago 6 Members · 14 Replies
  • Fahad Iqbal

Member June 4, 2021 at 12:25 am

Head covering while offering prayers is compulsory. Otherwise head covering generally at home or in public is optional. 🙂

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 4, 2021 at 4:56 am

Thank you but point is not only about optional and compulsory and where

The point is Javed Sir said Muhammad S.A.W told the women for head cover in prayers and he also said its not compulsory in prayers. If Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said isn’t it compulsory?? Why two statements contradicts with each other.

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 4, 2021 at 12:34 pm

My apologies for the confusion. I agree with ghamidi sab. its Mustahab(Preferrable) & Compulsory for adult women to cover their head during prayers especially when its a mixed gathering with male worshippers in a mosque. however its Mustahab & optional(but not compulsory) in a female only gathering at home or in mosque or prayer room. Depending upon the context the Hukam varies.

The Prophet was instructing women who offered prayer in the mosque with male worshippers in a mix gathering( Ba Jamaat Namaz). so its logical that he would advice women to cover their heads in such gathering for decency & protecting women’s dignity from Lustful male gaze… 🙂

• Nadeem Minhas

Member June 5, 2021 at 8:55 am

Brother Fahad your response makes sense and seems correct. If you provide reference regarding the head covering instructions specifically for mixed gathering then there will be no question left.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 4, 2021 at 11:50 am

Can anyone please elaborate it.

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 4, 2021 at 1:11 pm

Kindly mention the references. Could you please explain where is the references of what you mentioned above because I’ve listened all the explanation of Javed Ahmad Ghamidi Sir’s. All the lectures in Ghamidi center of Islamic learning I didn’t find any explanation by him which you are mentioning. The thing which creates confusion is (These two statements of him which contradicts).

If this variation lies he must’ve talked about it in his discussion or in any session in the reply of any Question I guess. Please don’t mind Its Bothering me so much.

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 5, 2021 at 11:45 am

Please no need to worry. Its quite alright. You should question everything that bothers your mind and that which your heart is not inclined to accept. 🙂

My reference would be Prayers held in Masjid e Haram in Makkah and Masjid e Nabwi in Madina. Where even today this shariat applies and women cover their heads while going in these places to worship. Mosques are sacred places of Prayers(Al Arz e Muqadisa) Specially the Harmain and Muslims are required to keep a certain level of dignity and respect for those particular places, both men & Women to keep the place Pure from impurities of evil inclinations.. its also Mustahab(Preferable) for men to cover their heads where praying. Adaab(Ethics) of Praying. 🙂

Also please remember that the Prophet’s Audience are the Arab Adult women(single & Married) who are coming in large numbers to offer prayers during Hajj or otherwise in Makkah and Medina in Mix Gatherings with no visible separation for genders(Males & Females) between places of worships in those days in Harmain. So its logical to assume here that the Prophet is making a statement with respect to their context and surrounding environment and to caution these women to protect their dignity. Every Hukam of the Prophet described in hadith must be understood in its proper context.. JazakAllah for your enthusiasm 🙂

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 5, 2021 at 12:25 pm

Yes Thank you so much for your effort and explanation. Its helpful.

• Umer

Moderator June 4, 2021 at 11:38 pm

Please see:

Discussion 30622

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 5, 2021 at 8:12 am

Doesn’t it make this compulsory if Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said it?

How can we differentiate that when Muhammad S.A.W taught the method of prayer head covering was not in that as compulsory?

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 5, 2021 at 8:14 am

Is it same goes for when women recite Quran?

• Daniyaa Khan

Member June 5, 2021 at 9:18 am

Because Sir also saying wudu as Adaab of prayers. But wudu is compulsory right? Whats your view on it

• John Marston

Member June 5, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Nah this has no base in Quran or sunnah. Heck, some scholars even said you could pray naked.

Javed Ghamdi made a 12 part series disproving the hijab’s obligation. Watch it. And if headcover is not required anytime, why should it be required when praying?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 5, 2021 at 2:38 pm

Ghamidi sahab also stated the following, which was shared above by Umer Qureshi sahab:

Discussion 30622 • Reply 30626

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register