Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Are Religions Sexist?

• Are Religions Sexist?

Posted by Zuhair on June 4, 2021 at 2:39 am

In many religions including Christianity and islam, it starts from the fact that Eve(Ama Hawa) provoked Adam and then all issues started? The same is happening in our societies where women are blamed for everything; for example many say that rape happens because of the way women dress(provocation), houses are destroyed because of women etc. So how to handle such questions?

Ahsan replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • اشهل صادق

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:49 am

Peace!

The incident of Eve provoking Adam is not present in Islam. The Quran consistenly puts the burden of the mistake on Adam.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 4, 2021 at 3:22 am

If men were superior then son should have superiority to mother isnt it?
      As Ashal sb said Quran 20:120 says devil whispered to Adam

You will find this thread beneficial in your discussion. Specially second post in this discussion.

Discussion 43839

Btw if you are dealing with feminist or atheist, you need to know their philosphy to better able to understand their point of view. Eg if i talk to atheist about women rights, i will start my argument based on evolution.

• اشهل صادق

Member June 4, 2021 at 3:31 am

Sir, what do you mean by starting the argument with evolution? How does that come in in arguments concerning rights? By the way, I am probably to young to be entitled Sahab. I am 18.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 4, 2021 at 8:37 am

sb is used for respect. it has not age associated with it.
      Evolution has changed psychology which in result changed our perception of morality and rights. This one of most common notion atheists claim.

• Zuhair

Member June 4, 2021 at 3:43 am

@codename.AJK Sir I live amongst such people (feminists and atheists) as not just in my house but in this society where you need to have responses ready at all times . I don’t have much information to argue so such questions often arise.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 4, 2021 at 8:38 am

Hopefully, above mentioned thread will be helpgul for you.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register