Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Distance Between Na Mehrams (gender Interaction)

Tagged: , ,

• Distance Between Na Mehrams (gender Interaction)

Posted by Ameera Tahir on June 4, 2021 at 8:43 am

Sir i wanted to ask jese keh it is clear no form of Art like Acting is forbidden. But like as a Actor plays certain characters toh na mehram ka haath pakarna parta hai you know just to show affection between 2 characters ya kbhi kbhi ek slight sa hug. Toh kahan tak allowed hai? As far as i know ziada close nhi jana chaiye physically. This applies to normal life too i see my female and male friends sometimes slightly shaking hands or slight hug as they meet and its considered okay. So where do we draw the line in this regard to Islam. Please clarify.

Ameera Tahir replied 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Distance Between Na Mehrams (gender Interaction)

Ameera Tahir updated 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 9 Replies
  • Fahad Iqbal

Member June 4, 2021 at 12:51 pm

Acting is not forbidden in islam. Nowhere in the Quran or hadith its mentioned that acting or any form of Fine arts is forbidden. Fine arts is an expression of human Aesthetic sense and is ingrained in human nature. Islam does not negate human nature. but it guides us to follow decent ethics in every walk of life including Arts. So that as a whole the society lives up to a higher moral and decent standard and sets up higher ideals for our children in a healthy Family Life.

Touching the hands of opposite gender for the intention of Shaking hands as a Greeting(Salam) is not forbidden. But if its done with the intention of lust( Massage or lums or muss) than it becomes forbidden as it may lead to shameful acts such as adultry/fornication.(Zina).

Similarly slight hug as you are hugging your sister/brother(Brotherly/friendly hug) is not forbidden. but if its done with evil intention in order to touch and have pleasure from that sexual touch than its forbidden.

Islam encourages Na-Mehrams to have a respectable social distance between one another so that dignity of both individuals is protected. Social Distancing please 🙂

• Ameera Tahir

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:03 pm

That social distancing part makes sense 😂

Ok but what about this one hadith about getting stabbed is better for a man than touching a na mehram woman. Baqi thankyou im clear now.

• اشهل صادق

Member June 4, 2021 at 2:30 pm

Peace!

Can you please share the Arabic text of the Hadith and its source. For commentary on this Hadith, please check out an explanation by Mufti Abu Layth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8SXk-2-W-4

• Umer

Moderator June 4, 2021 at 11:30 pm
    • Fahad Iqbal

Member June 5, 2021 at 12:17 pm

Happy to know that you are clear on this concept MashAllah 🙂

The Prophetic Hadith Must be understood in context to Forbidden acts of Pleasurable/sexual touch. Also certain men are more sensitive towards women and any sort of touch is liable to convert to some sexual feeling for them. Quran calls such men as weak hearted men. In both these cases the Prophet is warning the Muslim Men to stay away…the sexual touch of a women is liable to give them punishment in the hereafter which is equal to a nail stabbing/drilling through their heads…He is making Us Realize the severity of punishment in such small yet hidden shameful acts so that we pay heed and avoid from this impurity in our character. Its like Prophet Jesus Christ Says in the bible to Bani Israeel: Whoever looks at a women with lust has already committed adultery in his heart. JazakAllah for your feedback. 🙂

• Ameera Tahir

Member June 5, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Oh you have such a clear understanding. By far the best answer ive read. It makes sense that the hadith only refers to men and not women because of the reason you mentioned. ☺️ Thankyou please lastly can you quote something from the Holy Qur’an about the weak hearted men?

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 7, 2021 at 7:43 pm

JazakAllah for your kind and encouraging words. All praises for Allah and My Parents who raised me up & Siblings n Friends who guided me. 🙂

The Quran refers to some people with Sickness of Heart as those people who visited the Prophet’s house initially with good intention. But when they listened to the Prophet’s Wives, they thought that the wives were “sweetly” talking to them. Getting an entirely wrong impression from the Prophet’s innocent, gentle and compassionate wives.

The Quran gave a strict reminder to the Wives not to talk with so much softness and mercy in their heart and be straight forward and stern in their voice while talking to strangers, as some people with weak faith will get an evil impression from that. As Mothers of Believers of Believers they ought to behave in an attitude that befits a Mother of the Nation.

That’s how i see it. Please do correct me anyone if I’m wrong here. JazakAllah. 🙂

• اشهل صادق

Member June 7, 2021 at 11:36 pm

Peace!

You are talking about Surah Al-Ahzab, verse number 32, right? But, Fahad Bhai, that verse is talking about the اشرار and hypocrites of Medina because it says فى قلوبه مرض. I think when the Quran uses this phrase for someone, it makes it quite clear that they never had any good intentions at any time. What do you say?

• Ameera Tahir

Member June 8, 2021 at 4:35 am

Oh yes i have read this surah’s translation. You guys are right. MashAllah thankyou so much im so clear now Alhumdulillah. I must say you guys are doing a great job and always reply to our tiniest of questions quickly and our important questions too. Spreading true knowledge of Islam. JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register