Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Do I Really Have Free Will?

Tagged: , ,

• Do I Really Have Free Will?

Posted by Zayf Shakir on June 7, 2021 at 4:21 am

So i have heard Ghamidi sir say that we have freewill. Now my question is that we have two options A (Obey God) and B (Disobey Him) but how come we have freewill when we know if we don’t choose option A we shall go to hell? And even if we have freewill but we have to choose option A! If a robber comes to bank and puts a gun on my head and i give him all the money it wouldn’t mean i give it willingly! So if God has given us freewill but at the same time we must follow option A and otherwise we will be burning in hell for eternity. So someone explain it to me how’s this freewill?

Fahad Iqbal replied 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Do I Really Have Free Will?

• Altamash Ali

Member June 7, 2021 at 5:30 am

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

I am answering your Question just Because you said,, “So someone explain it to me how’s this freewill?”

understand meaning of Two words first…

(1) Objective :- ‘In philosophy, objectivity is the concept of truth independent from individual subjectivity.’

(2) Subjective :- ‘based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions’

Now, the Objective things are Facts and they are always ‘ACCEPTED’ By us

&, the Subjective Things are Always ‘Believed’ By us…

Now, Take the case if someone Put Gun on your Head.. then yeah that Gun is Real and u Can See with your own eyes. and it’s objective

Now, Take the ‘Quran’ What it is?? Quran is Recitation, a Book, Objectively it is ACCEPTED that it is in Best of Arabic, Contains Useful Rules in it, with morals, And contains Some ‘Subjective’ Topics, Those Subjective topics are hell heaven God and Angels.

So yes,, The comparison Shows That Gun is Objective Thing that can kill you in a minute, But Quran is a Book with full of morals and useful rules.

So Yeah,, now let me ask!! Are u Afraid of a recitation, which Contains Morals issues and useful rules???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now let’s look, What Causes our Hearts to have fear of Quran!?

We know Objectively that this World will not exist forever.. nor we do exist but we die after short period of time..

and we have the idea of God, Creator sustainer Since We born with knowledge of God,, No kid learn about God in Schools but they know it innately.

And here Quran comes to us With claim..

That this Quran is Guidance For those Who Are righteous -Quran 2:2

And then we see it’s Content and it’s rules… and the way Book is.. and it’s wisdom… And then our Souls urge ourselves by itself “that indeed This book is from the one Who created us, and sustains us” And this is not Objective thing But we make a Subjective Conclusion With our understanding and we start to listen in Quran’s Subjective Claims..

And on this point, i want to Give a Good newsss…

You Became Muslim(Submitted to God…) Read this..

“And you cannot guide the blind away from their error. You will only make hear those who believe in Our verses so they are Muslims [i.e., submitting to Allah].۝“

-Quran 27:81

“And you cannot guide the blind away from their error. You will only make hear those who believe in Our verses so they are Muslims [in submission to Allah].۝”

-Quran 30:53

How merciful is God, That he likes those who find Guidance, and God give them Guidance.. Alhamdulillah

Now next you think About That is it really from God or not??

And Quran says,,,

“If you have doubts about the revelation We have sent down to Our servant, then produce a single surah like it- enlist whatever supporters you have other than God- if you truly [think you can].

If you cannot do this- and you never will- then beware of the Fire prepared for the disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones.”

-Quran 2:23-24

And if We Are truthful then we look at ourselves and try to find a better way than Quran’s guidance, rules, morals ,, But we conclude with Contradictions.. and We find Quran is free of contradiction…

So Why Do we have Fear for Hell?? and why do we Fear Quran?? then i would like to conclude with this hadith..

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Allah, the Exalted, and Glorious said: ‘A slave committed a sin and he said: O Allah, forgive my sin,‘ and Allah said: ‘My slave committed a sin and then he realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives the sins and punishes for the sin.’ He then again committed a sin and said: ‘My Rubb, forgive my sin,’ and Allah (SWT) said: ‘My slave committed a sin and then realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives his sin and punishes for the sin.‘ He again committed a sin and said: ‘My Rubb, forgive my sin,‘ and Allah (SWT) said: ‘My slave has committed a sin and then realized that he has a Rubb Who forgives the sin or takes (him) to account for sin. I have granted forgiveness to my slave. Let him do whatever he likes”.

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

The last sentence “let him do..”. means, as long he keeps asking for forgiveness after the commission of sins, and repents, Allah will forgive him because repentance eliminates previous sins“. (Editor’s Note)

-Riyad as-Salihin : 421, Sahih Muslim : 2758a

So yeah, Fear Exist Because of your Believe(iman) in Subjective things of Quran.. And it’s Quality of Believe(Iman)

But Objectively Do Quran Put Gun on your Head?? no.. Brother…

i conclude with This Ayahh.. hope you will understand ::

And say, “The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills – let him believe; and whoever wills – let him disbelieve.” Indeed, We have prepared for the wrongdoers a fire whose walls will surround them. And if they call for relief, they will be relieved with water like murky oil, which scalds [their] faces. Wretched is the drink, and evil is the resting place.

-Quran 18:29…

So, yeah in Hereafter, According to Quran.. Person will not be Punished Because of their Believe or Disbelieve…

But.. “God have prepared for the Wrongdoers a fire”

And Muslims(those who Submitted to God in real sense after using their Reasoning power) will be in Heaven…

“ [To whom Allah will say], “O My servants, no fear will there be concerning you this Day, nor will you grieve,۝

[You] who believed in Our verses and were Muslims(Submitted to God After ponder).۝

‘Enter Paradise, you and your spouses: you will be filled with joy.’۝”

-Quran 43:68-70

Salam

Orange Heart

• Altamash Ali

Member June 7, 2021 at 7:53 am

Correction :-

*And on this point, i want to Give a newsss…

The person who listened, Felt & Believed in What Their Soul Urged, Then they surely are Muslim(Submitted to God…) Read this..*

[(Hmm sorry for mistake and edit.. but i cannot Declare anyone Pure Before God declare.. because of Sahih al-Bukhari : 6162)]

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 7, 2021 at 9:23 am

We have only been warned about torment in the hereafter as a result of not using our free will in the appropriate way. This does not compel us to use it in the appropriate way.

Human laws work in the same manner. For example, we know that if we don’t stop at a traffic light, we will have to pay a fine. However, this knowledge does not compel us to obey the traffic laws.

• Fahad Iqbal

Member June 7, 2021 at 10:47 am

From your own example: Being a banker you know that if you don’t give robber the money than you might get killed. and hence you willingly make a choice there to save your own life. That is exact definition of Free Will. Your will to survive and live rather than get injured and in process possibly die. Human beings want to live and thrive in this world. Which is a proof that they have accepted the life of this world. You want to live, don’t you? Heck if you knew how to use a gun and defend yourself you might have even killed that robber instead and in the process saving both(your life, dignity as well as the money). You might as well force the robber to lay down his arms and surrender.

Similarly If you know the consequences of your disobedience to God than there also you have to make a choice. You must bear responsibility of consequences of making a choice. You cant run away from it. Either you willingly choose death and destruction which is Hell. or you choose Everlasting life which is heaven.

I leave it up to you. Which will you rather choose if you Consciously know the outcomes of your choices.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register