Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Is Saying Durood On Nabi Compulsory Every Time

• Is Saying Durood On Nabi Compulsory Every Time

Posted by Abdullah Ziyad on June 9, 2021 at 3:59 am

Peace,

I read that it is compulsory to say Durood after hearing name of the Prophet may peace be upon him.It is said that the person who doesnt do so is a miser,he is cursed as Angel made Dua against him and Bad Dua is made against that person.Some Ahadis in this regard are as follows:

The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “May his nose be robbed in the dust, one in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send blessings upon me.” Narrated and classed as hasan by at-Tirmidhi (3545); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhi.

It was narrated from al-Husayn ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send blessings upon me.” Narrated and classed as hasan by at-Tirmidhi (3546); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhi.

Al-Faakihaani (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The hadith “The miser is the one in whose presence I am mentioned and he does not send blessings upon me” supports the view of those who say that it is obligatory to send blessings upon him every time he is mentioned, and this is the view towards which I am inclined.

I want to know the context of these narrations and what is the hikmat behind such strong words against the one who doesnt say durood eventhougu there is no oblogation mentioned in Quran in this regard.And if it is Fardh,do we have to say it everytime like during Adhan,etc or only when we hear it in a coversation we are making.

Umer replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies

The discussion "Is Saying Durood On Nabi Compulsory Every Time" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now