Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam How Many People Saw Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم Pray?

Tagged: , ,

• How Many People Saw Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم Pray?

Ahmad Shoaib updated 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 9, 2021 at 5:53 pm

Tawatur itself is the most reliable source. A very large number of sahaba spread across different geographic regions offering salat the same way without any gaps in time – what else could be a more reliable source than this? As I and Umer Qureshi sahab have explained to you many times before, we trace tawatur from today back in time and look for any corruptions or innovations. If we don’t find any then tawatur is established. We can refer to books for fiqh for different time periods for the purpose of verification.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 9, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Yes I know this but for tawatur to be valid there has to be many people witnessing the event firsthand. So how many people witnessed it? The argument I was given against Christians having tawatur was that they had very few followers. So how do we know Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم had many Followers?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 9, 2021 at 5:58 pm

Please read again what I said. We’ve had previous discussions on Ask Ghamidi about Christianity as well as the number required for tawatur, you can refer to those discussions as well. Nothing has changed since then – I promise you that if it does you’ll be among the first ones I’ll inform 😁

• Talha Mujahid

Member June 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm

Please mention that threads which you are citing

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 9, 2021 at 11:59 pm

There are too many threads. You can use the search function or click the tags on top of this page: #ijma #tawatur #sunnah

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 29, 2021 at 9:05 pm

Umar was killed, Uthman was killed, there were a civil war between Aisha and Ali, Muawiya set up his own Kingdom, Ali was killed, the Sahaba fought each other, the Muslims were engaged in the wars, Ibn Umar gave Bayah to yazid, Yazid killed the grandson of the prophet and his family, ransacked medina, kaaba was attacked and part of it destroyed’

This quote was taken from an online forum. I couldn’t find the thread where we discussed how many sahaba there were. Could you please guide me to it or let me know here how many sahaba there were and how we know the number? بارك الله فيكم

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register