Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Deism (A Concept Of Dead God)

Tagged: ,

• Deism (A Concept Of Dead God)

Posted by Talha Mujahid on June 11, 2021 at 1:38 am

The stance of Ghmidi sb on ethiesm is quite rational. That there should be one God for creation of this universe and the sytem of universe demands one creator. But what about the concept of Fredrick Neichze about “Dead God” that is God is no more interested in interfering this universe after its creation?

The other thinking comes in the mind of this generation is that it is very much possible that Divine Revelation is only a Mischief of Aliens (A Creature from other plannet or maybe this plannet with very much Scientific knowledge).
    As, this is possible in our times like we go to other plannet or maybe on this plannet backward areas where there is not concept of scientific knowledge, shock them with our scientific discoveries and misguide them.

So My questions are that how can we get rid of these types of thoughts and what counter narrative we can adopt for convincing a Deist?

ودود replied 2 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Deism (A Concept Of Dead God)

• Ahsan

Moderator June 11, 2021 at 2:11 am

About Aliens, we will talk when we find evidence of extraterrestial life.

Quran is very clear about God in Surah Rehman that Allah is in new magnificience with every new day. Refer to following video
    Discussion 37777 • Reply 37841

• Talha Mujahid

Member June 11, 2021 at 3:55 am

Peace

A person who is even not accepting Good how he will accept the Quran.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 11, 2021 at 6:56 am

I used Quranic argument because we believe it to be word of God. Thats how, we know God intervene in our world.
      Philosophical argument are based on creative imagination having no absolute truth.
      See Ghamidi sb talk on Ilm ul kalam here Discussion 49119

• Talha Mujahid

Member June 11, 2021 at 7:14 am

Cannot we convince a deist on this???

• Ahsan

Moderator June 11, 2021 at 9:13 am
    • Talha Mujahid

Member June 11, 2021 at 9:18 am

Thanks

• ودود

Member June 11, 2021 at 6:12 pm

What about Jinns (the aliens that Quran confirms they exist), what if the “divine” intervention is actually a jinns handiwork? How would one prove that it’s no one other than God?

• Ahsan

Moderator June 12, 2021 at 7:13 am

Since you arguement is based Quran, same Quran tell us that jins are makhlooq too.
      Btw the word alien in current lingual context do not apply to jins

• ودود

Member June 12, 2021 at 11:00 am

Make sense 👍🏻

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 11, 2021 at 9:42 am

The problem with these philosophical concepts is that they are purely based on conjecture. As opposed to this, Quran argues on the basis of human sources of knowledge, and provides us a very firm ground for our belief in a Creator who is running this universe according to His laws, and intervenes whenever He finds necessary according to His infinite wisdom.

When we form our beliefs on the basis of knowledge as opposed to conjectures, one of the most important things is our approach to knowledge. In the following thread I have summarized a logical and a scientific approach to our understanding from a very high level. Hopefully it will help:

Discussion 50587 • Reply 50738

• Nadeem Minhas

Member June 12, 2021 at 8:01 am

Well anyone can come up with any imaginary concept and ask other to disprove doesn’t make sense. First the concept or theory has to have some basis and supporting arguments and those need to be compared against arguments from Quran to see which one has more weight. I do not think any of these hypothetical things have any solid basis and they can’t stand against the argument of Quran.

• Talha Mujahid

Member June 12, 2021 at 8:57 am

May Allah Bless you sir

I was eagerly waiting for your response Grinning

You addressed my second question

First one is How to address deist. (There was a God and He is no more interested in the affairs of this universe)

And there is one more confusing thought which sucked me😭

God is so clever (Astgfirullah) He stopped divine revelation at this time of science and technology.

In this age of persecutions, there is more need of Guidance 😔

• ودود

Member June 12, 2021 at 10:56 am

@Htmujahid If you agree that the existence and operation of the universe proves the existence of one Creator, the continuous expansion of the universe, evolution and mutation of various elements such as living species and half dead viruses into a meaningful beings should also convince you the Creator is alive and kicking. He is busy in designing new creations and eliminating what He no longer needs in the universe, which clearly needs decision making. If He is dead who is expanding and running the universe and who is making all those decisions?

Suggest create a new discussion topic for your question why God has stopped revelation when we need it most.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register