Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Wali For Nikah?

Tagged: 

• Wali For Nikah?

Posted by اشهل صادق on June 12, 2021 at 3:00 am

Peace!

Most scholars I’ve (probably all of them except Ghamidi Sahab) insist on the requirement of a wali from the girl’s side. Ghamidi Sahab, however, says that there is no such requirement. Where can I learn more about this? Has Ghamidi Sahab clarified his stance? Why do the other scholars insist on a wali (as a requirement by religion)? Please guide me in this matter. Thank you!

Nadeem Minhas replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Wali For Nikah?

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator June 12, 2021 at 8:00 am

The difference arises on how we approach the sources of religion and which one is subservient to the other and what is their placement. The matter of Wali’s consent falls within ‘Adaab’ of Nikah but is not the requirement from legal standpoint.

Ghamidi Sahab has clarified it on many occasions as to what is the significance of wali and why it is not a requisite for Nikah.

You may want to refer to the following lectures for details:

Discussion 29869

Discussion 29887

For a summary, please also refer to the link below from 20:00 to 22:04

ilm-o-Hikmat 10-04-2016

• Nadeem Minhas

Member June 12, 2021 at 8:50 am

I completely agree with brother Umer. I also think that it is important to have a Wali to help negotiate marriage contract to protect both parties’ rights and obligations during the marriage and in case of divorce and give them a good advice to have a successful marriage. Plus if someone involves elderly of the family, the the person shows respect and receives support from the family too.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register