Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Can A Wife Sleep With Other Men With Husband's Permission?

• Can A Wife Sleep With Other Men With Husband's Permission?

Posted by Ali Shafi on June 16, 2021 at 12:53 am

My Question is

In the sermon of the last hajj, the Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said:

إِنَّ لَكُمْ من نِسَائِكُمْ حَقًّا وَلِنِسَائِكُمْ عَلَيْكُمْ حَقًّا فَأَمَّا حَقُّكُمْ على نِسَائِكُمْ فلا يُوَطِّئَنَّ فُرُشَكُمْ من تَكْرَهُونَ ولا يَأْذَنَّ في بُيُوتِكُمْ لِمَنْ تَكْرَهُونَ ألا وَحَقُّهُنَّ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ تُحْسِنُوا إِلَيْهِنَّ في كِسْوَتِهِنَّ وَطَعَامِ

Indeed you have rights over women and they also have rights over you. You have the right that they neither permit into your homes nor sleep with anyone you dislike. Listen! Their right upon you is that you feed and clothe them in the best way [you are able to].

In 2nd para, “You have the right that they neither permit into your homes nor sleep with anyone you dislike”, i am still unable to find meaning of this line. I have watch many speech. Means if husband will allow to wife then it is allowed in Islam to wife for sleep or sex with another man which is allowed by her husband??

Ali Shafi replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 17 Replies
  • 17 Replies
  • Can A Wife Sleep With Other Men With Husband's Permission?

Ali Shafi updated 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 17 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 16, 2021 at 5:34 am

First of all hadith is not independent source of religion. You can read more about here Discussion 1042

Now for the paragraph, you are confused, if you collect all narrations regarding the last sermon, then you will realise that actually it means wife shouldnot allow a person, whom husband dislike, to use furniture of the house. It just another way of saying not let a person in. Eg see
    https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi:1163
    https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah:1851

• Ali Shafi

Member June 16, 2021 at 8:18 am

But in some of other transalation, it is used for making friends etc. But why other translator are using for make friends or lay on bed etc.. While ghamdi sab have translated same sentence “Not sleep with him”.

check this thread.

Discussion 1769

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 16, 2021 at 9:52 pm

The thread you shared above has nothing to do with the last sermon. It is explaining Quran verse 4:34. Please read that thread in order to understand what it’s talking about.

As for the last sermon paragraph that you quoted above, I’m not sure who translated it that way, but it’s certainly not a good translation.

• Ali Shafi

Member June 17, 2021 at 1:08 am

For the reference, Sunan Ibn Majah: Hadith NO: 1851 and translation of Mr. Ghamdi also are given below for reference.

In the sermon of the last hajj, the Prophet (sws) is reported to have said:

إِنَّ لَكُمْ من نِسَائِكُمْ حَقًّا وَلِنِسَائِكُمْ عَلَيْكُمْ حَقًّا فَأَمَّا حَقُّكُمْ على نِسَائِكُمْ فلا يُوَطِّئَنَّ فُرُشَكُمْ من تَكْرَهُونَ ولا يَأْذَنَّ في بُيُوتِكُمْ لِمَنْ تَكْرَهُونَ ألا وَحَقُّهُنَّ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ تُحْسِنُوا إِلَيْهِنَّ في كِسْوَتِهِنَّ وَطَعَامِ

Indeed you have rights over women and they also have rights over you. You have the right that they neither permit into your homes nor sleep with anyone you dislike. Listen! Their right upon you is that you feed and clothe them in the best way [you are able to]. [6]

(Javed Ahmed Ghamidi)

In above mention hadith there are many translations that exist by different transalator. I want to know the exact details.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 1:23 am

This is excerpt of meezan which is in urdu. Ghamidi sb didnt translated in English but by Shehzad Saleem.
    As mentioned in thread posted by me, every hadith has to be understood in terms of Quran. Also, there is no indication of such thing when you analyze other related hadith. Translation depends on understanding of the person.

Read whole hadith here https://sunnah.com/muslim:1218a

It donot anyway suggest to sleep with some one else. What you usggest come under fawahish which is forbidden

• Ali Shafi

Member June 17, 2021 at 2:46 am

Right, but in urdu translation of Ghamdi sab, “Izat Pamal na krwai jaya husband k na pasandida person sa.” this word are used. May Allah better know.

• اشهل صادق

Member June 22, 2021 at 11:20 am

Peace!

Can you please give a reference I can look up. Maybe I can be of some help. A link through which I can hear or read what he says.

• Ali Shafi

Member June 22, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Check this link and last video of ghamdi sab. Part 5.

Discussion 1769

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 22, 2021 at 5:00 pm

Please listen again from 00:28:44. It’s not saying “Izat Pamal na krwai jaya husband k na pasandida person sa” as you quoted above.

The proper translation is: it is your right over your wives that they should neither let those whom you dislike use your bed (furniture) nor allow them to enter your house.

Keeping in mind the overall message of Islam and it’s viewpoint on the institution of marriage, there’s no room for the meaning that you’re inferring from it.

https://youtu.be/H7W_mN26JG8?start=28m44s

• اشهل صادق

Member June 22, 2021 at 11:46 pm

Peace!

He says, “تمہارے ناپسندیدہ کسی شخص کو وہ نہ تمہارا بستر پامال کرنے دیں,” not what you are saying.

• Ali Shafi

Member June 23, 2021 at 1:10 am

Yes sorry bistar pamal na krna dain. But in english translation word is used for not sleep and in urdu bistal pamal na krna dena is confusion and it is not pretending that there is discussion about use bed or furniture.

• اشهل صادق

Member June 23, 2021 at 1:58 am

Peace!
      Ok, so at least we are clear on the fact that Ghamidi Sahab never said anything about sleeping with anyone. Please share the link to the English translation by Dr. Shehzad Saleem and maybe that confusion may get cleared as well. However, it could just be a mistake in translating that was not highlighted in front of the esteemed doctor.

• Ali Shafi

Member June 23, 2021 at 2:23 am

Yes, in same link, english translation is exists by Shazad. But still bistar pamal krna is not showing to mean use bed.

• Ali Shafi

Member June 23, 2021 at 1:11 am

Yes sorry bistar pamal na krna dain. But in english translation word is used for not sleep with anyone and in urdu bistal pamal na krna dena is confusion and it is not pretending that there is discussion about use bed or furniture.

• Ali Shafi

Member June 20, 2021 at 2:18 am

I am still unable to find answer that why Mr. Ghamdi said to this word “Husband ka na pasindada shakhs sa apni izat pamal na krwain.”

• Ali Shafi

Member June 21, 2021 at 11:31 pm

I am still unable to find answer.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 22, 2021 at 5:03 pm

Please listen again from 00:28:44. It’s not saying “Izat Pamal na krwai jaya husband k na pasandida person sa” as you quoted above.

The proper translation is: it is your right over your wives that they should neither let those whom you dislike use your bed (furniture) nor allow them to enter your house.

Keeping in mind the overall message of Islam and it’s viewpoint on the institution of marriage, there’s no room for the meaning that you’re inferring from it.

The discussion "Can A Wife Sleep With Other Men With Husband's Permission?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now