Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Wisdom Of Fajr Prayer

Tagged: 

• Wisdom Of Fajr Prayer

Posted by Shehar Bano on June 16, 2021 at 1:18 am

I regularly pray Fajr salat Alhamdulillah. I try do it with Khushoo and Khuzoo but I feel so tired and sleepy during Fajr time that my salat is mostly mechanical and I just want to finish and sleep again. What is the hikmat behind Fajr salat and what attitude should I have during Fajr prayer so I feel connected and not just go through the motions.

Fatimah replied 2 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Wisdom Of Fajr Prayer

Fatimah updated 2 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 18 Replies
  • Fahad Iqbal

Member June 16, 2021 at 11:25 am

Wisdom is simple: Early to Rise. Rise & Shine. First thing in the Morning: Pay homage & Gratitude to your Creator. This will give you a Pure Heart in character(makes it easier to give you calm and composed attitude & Mindset) and a Fresh start for the Morning. A New Day, A New Beginning, New Possibilities, Opportunities as we try to forget and amend our past mistakes from yesterday and the past. That’s why its called a “Present” because its a “Gift” from God. Gets you ready to plan for the future and work in the present while keeping an eye on the past.

Sun is the biggest Gift from God. As it provides life and warmth. Without Sun there is no life on earth. Fajar is a Message that even before the Sun rises to obey its creator, We Humans should rise before it to make our Creator Happy and be at peace in the process.

• Shehar Bano

Member June 16, 2021 at 11:37 am

Fajr is not ‘rise & shine’ time everywhere. For example, in the UK during summer Isha is quite late and Fajr is quite early, so there is not enough time between the two and one has to sleep for a few hours after Fajr.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 1:26 am

You can motivate yourself for fajar by reading verse 17:78. The quran recitation in fajar prayer is specially witnessed. Hence, It is reported that Prophet Mohammad saw used to recite quran for longer time then any other prayer.

• Umer

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 3:12 am

Following comments of Ghamidi Sahab might be of some help. Please refer to the video below from 28:53 to 34:39

https://youtu.be/RMPWdTKztsU?t=1733

• Fatima

Member June 17, 2021 at 5:07 am

jazakallah,brother umer hamare pehle swal ka jawab milgaya ke azan achchi awaz se deni chahiye,jiski targheeb hamare muashiry me bilkul nahi hai or ye ulta logo ki pareshani ka bais hai.ummed hai ke log ise samjhe or behtareen tareqy se ada kare.

• Shehar Bano

Member June 17, 2021 at 5:46 am

Thank you, Jazakallah!

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 17, 2021 at 5:59 am

As mentioned above in the uk fajr is at about 2 am nowadays and ends at about 4 am. How is this not an evidence of some sort of أعوذ بالله من الشيىطان الرجيم unwise decision.

This is not, as Ghamidi sahab said, a namaz in extreme business or something. I am sleeping. It is the middle of the night. It is when people sleep. Sleep is very very important

• Umer

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 7:27 am

For Salah and its timings to be understood, first one must have a basis for relationship with God with a conscious realization of that relationship, otherwise all religious requirements can sound baseless to the one not have any such basis whatsoever. The sequence must always be clear as to how relationship with God develops, progresses and manifests itself into performance of rituals and obedience in all the spheres of life, wherever commanded.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 17, 2021 at 7:33 am

Yes and for Arabs salah being at 6 an fits in perfectly. You start your day off with worship. No one normal starts their day off at 2 am

• Umer

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 7:45 am

You can offer Salah and sleep again, no one is stopping you from thatWink

When your mother calls you, you don’t look at the watch to determine whether it’s an inappropraite time or not and whether it’s sleep time or not, provided one has solid foundation of relationship with mother with full consciousness.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 17, 2021 at 7:45 am

My mother doesn’t call me at 2 am

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 17, 2021 at 7:47 am

But I see the point. It can be regarded as a test I guess. The ultimate cop out answer but a valid one

• Umer

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 7:49 am

If it’s a cop out answer, then it’s not an answer. But I think not every question has a straightaway or a superficial answer, sometimes we need to take a look back and see the origin or the foundation from where all the concepts are stemming.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 17, 2021 at 7:50 am

Then if we go deeper why is the Arab being called by Allah at 6 am and me at 2 am for the same salah? What’s the deeper origin of this issue and what does it stem from?

• Umer

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 7:53 am

I was referring to the same origin/foundation from where ibadah is stemming.

• Umer

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 7:47 am

Let’s hope she never does and may Allah grant her all the heath. But when parents get old, these things become very normal.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 17, 2021 at 7:48 am

👍

• Fatimah

Member June 17, 2021 at 9:01 am

Namaz is to discipline yourself. Be present on time. Khushu will come, if it doesn’t I don’t think there is need to worry afterall We are humans and our minds can distract.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register