Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Omnipotence And Illogical Essences

Tagged: 

• Omnipotence And Illogical Essences

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on June 17, 2021 at 8:45 pm

Can God do everything? Including the logically impossible?

Since we are told ليس كمثله شيئ and we are ordered to لا تضربوا لله أمثالًا – I would say that we take إن الله على كل شيئ قدير in the meaning that the questions about can a rock that he can’t lift or can he make a bigger God would be, in our human framework- we don’t know.

We have wahy telling us it is not of God’s supreme nature to do such things. As such we see that even when it says don’t do shirk it’s because we have not been given an authority or a sultan. So we don’t have to logically disprove the trinity because God could be that way if he wanted- rather Allah never taught this snd neither did isa صلى الله عليه وسلم.

Then comes Allah أعوذ بالله من الشيىطان الرجيم lying. Now Allah could lie but we ask the question why? He can’t get anything from us, he’s too supreme to just be joking around, and if the owner of the universe was in a difficult position then surely we’d see some turmoil in it.

So we can’t just reject the fitrah because God could’ve lied in it but we accept it because as humans we have no other option to function. Furthermore we have no reason to believe he is lying as I elucidated a bit on above and also we see no signs in the Quran of any deception.

Ahmad Shoaib replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Omnipotence And Illogical Essences

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 17, 2021 at 10:53 pm

“Can God do everything? Including the logically impossible?”

Other than purposeless intellectual entertainment, such questions with inherent contradictions don’t serve any objective purpose.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 18, 2021 at 10:01 am

I guess that is true

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register