Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Jummah In Non Muslim State

Tagged: ,

• Jummah In Non Muslim State

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on June 18, 2021 at 10:06 pm

Ghamidi sahab claims that jummah is not fard in Muslim state. He claims this is because of tawatur. Can someone just post his reference? He makes all these claims but I’ve rarely seen him actually quote a fiqh book with page number or whatever

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Jummah In Non Muslim State

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • اشهل صادق

Member June 22, 2021 at 6:45 am

Peace!

Take a look at this article for the Hanafi position. I will share positions of the other schools as I find good articles summarizing their position. The reason I think Ghamidi Sahab doesn’t quote a Fiqh book is because people do not have access to them and normally are not students of religion who will learn Arabic and look up the references. And those who are students, he probably expects them to already know this stuff. And in reality, anyone who has studied Fiqh knows these positions. Students like you and me who are still starting out do not, however. But الحمد لله, we have each other and the AskGhamidi Forum to aid us in our journey. 😆

https://www.islamiqate.com/199/jummua-prayer-valid-without-caliph-muslim-ruler-hanafi-madhab

• اشهل صادق

Member June 22, 2021 at 7:01 am

The other schools don’t seem to agree with the Hanafi position. So we definitely need help 😅

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor June 22, 2021 at 12:39 pm

Yes I think some clarification would be needed

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 23, 2021 at 12:25 am

The requirement of head of state or his representative is a position that Ghamidi sahab subscribes to. He has written on it in his book Maqamat. Please be specific what you require clarification on.

• اشهل صادق

Member June 23, 2021 at 2:14 am

Peace!

Faisal Bhai, we need clarification on tawatur. How do we know that there is tawatur on the requirement of a ruler or his representatives for Jumuah?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator June 23, 2021 at 8:38 am

In my understanding, none of the schools of jurisprudence other than Hanafi school have spelled out the requirement of a ruler. Please note that this does not automatically mean that they’re expressly against the requirement. If however, there’s a significant group that I am unaware of that disagrees with the requirement of a ruler then of course tawatur can’t be claimed. In that case the evidence provided by each side will be evaluated. Either way, the congregational Juma prayer itself still maintains tawatur.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register