Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Importance Of The Grave

Tagged: ,

• Importance Of The Grave

Posted by Shamylla Yaser on June 27, 2021 at 7:47 am

Assalamualaikum,

I wanted to know about the significance of the grave and visiting the graveyard. Does the soul stay in the grave? It leaves the body at death and is it correct that it returns at janaza and burial and later questioning by munkir and nakir. Am I right? If it leaves after that where does it go then? And where is it till the Day of judgement. If there is no soul in the grave, what is the point in visiting it and should one visit it then ? If you could answer my question and relate it to something from the Quran or the Ahadeeth I would be very thankful.

Wsalam

Shamylla

Umer replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Importance Of The Grave

• Umer

Moderator June 28, 2021 at 7:27 am

Please see:

Discussion 37286

• Umer

Moderator June 28, 2021 at 7:32 am

The reason for visting grave has both emothinal perspective and religious perspective. Emotionally, we humans need something tangible to relate and express our relationship with the other person, whether dead or alive, and grave provides for that tangible space where one can feel that emotional bonding with the other person. Secondly, from a religious perspective, it is a constant reminder of the ultimate truth that we all humans have to face one day in the form of death. For the rest of your question, please refer to the thread that I shared above where Ghamidi Sahab has answered all the related questions.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register