Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Surat Fatiha In Congregational Salah

Tagged: ,

• Surat Fatiha In Congregational Salah

Posted by Shaukat Shaikh on June 27, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Salam

Hanafi scholar say recitation of surat Fatiha and part of Quran in fard salat while praying behind imam in jamat since the recitation by Imam is sufficient. However there is a Hadith qudsi which essentially says that there is NO ( valid) salat if don’t recite surat Fateha in salat.

Coming from Hanafi upbringing what I do is stay quiet when Imam is reciting loudly and recite surat Fateha when Imam is reciting silently such as in 3rd magrib and in 3-4th rakat in isha . Recite surat Fateha and few ayat in silent prayers such as zohar and asr when praying behind Imam in jamat.

Is my salat valid ? Can you please clarify this issue?

Jazakallah

Shaukat Shaikh

Shshaikh786@gmail.com

Haseeb Faisal replied 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Surat Fatiha In Congregational Salah

Haseeb Faisal updated 2 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm

The hadith is about indiviual prayer.
    however, there is nothing wrong in reciting surah fatiha behind imam.

• Umer

Moderator June 28, 2021 at 2:43 am

Yes it is valid. Listening of Quran and reciting of Quran are same, whether it be Surah Fateha or other part of Quran.

https://youtu.be/dx6NLNml3fc

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 20, 2021 at 9:50 pm

I read “Authubillahi . . .” and “Bismillah . . .” prior to reciting Surah Faitha when I am praying alone. If the imam is reciting loudly and I choose to only listen to his recitation, can I still read “Authubillahi . . .” and “Bismillah . . .” before he starts Surah Faitha? And am I allowed to not do this as well, especially considering the fact that the imam recites “Bismillah . . .” himself? JazakAllah.

• Umer

Moderator October 21, 2021 at 1:26 pm

It’s not a matter of allowed or not allowed, this is one of the matters where no explicit guidance has been given by the Prophet (sws), instead the matter has been left to our ijtihad. So, it’s no bother even if you decide to recite Bismillah; not reciting is perfectly fine too.

• Haseeb Faisal

Member October 21, 2021 at 5:20 pm

JazakAllah that makes sense.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register