Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Adultery Punishment

• Adultery Punishment

Posted by Yusuf on June 29, 2021 at 3:23 pm

As we know ghamidi sb says that adultery punishment is same for married as well as unmarried….my question is how come that can be same… As we know married person who is doing adultery is keeping his/her marriage(whole marriage institution ie. Children will be affected also) on stake If he/she betraying his/her partner..which is in most of the cases.. …whereas in unmarried nothing is at stake..and as we know even our fitrat don’t tell zina before marriage is wrong(I am not supporting Zina before marriage is right just want to know about punishment)…please explain

Umer replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Adultery Punishment

Umer updated 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Yusuf

Member June 30, 2021 at 5:52 am

Please reply

• اشهل صادق

Member June 30, 2021 at 8:55 am

Peace!

Sir, the Quran has told us the Hadd (maximum punishment which can be given) for a zani. It doesn’t mean that the punishment for the married and unmarried will be the same. A judge has to look at the case with scrutiny. That means he will look at the background, education, environment around the culprit etc. In real life, cases do not go like this:

He committed murder, kill him.

Rather, it is seen why the murder occured, what was the mental state of the culprit at the time of the crime, what are his educational and social backgrounds, etc.

Marriage will be one of the points taken into consideration and will make the culprit more deserving of the maximum punishment. However, the Hadd has been decided by God and that is 100 flogs. Even though the Quran mentions the case of accusation of Zina on a married person, it does not refer to any other punishment other than the 100 flogs.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

• Umer

Moderator June 30, 2021 at 11:09 am

…”While stating this punishment, adjectives are used to qualify the men and women who commit fornication. This is similar to the statement in which the punishment for theft is mentioned. It is evident therefore that this punishment is the utmost punishment, which should be given only when the crime has been committed in its ultimate form and the criminal does not deserve any lenience as far as the circumstances of the crime are concerned. Consequently, criminals who are foolish, insane, have been compelled by circumstances, are without the necessary protection required to abstain from committing a crime, or cannot bear the punishment are all exempt from this punishment“…

(Excerpt from Meezan: Javed Ahmed Ghamidi)

(Translated by Dr. Shehzad Saleem)

For details, please see the following thread:

Discussion 27225

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register