Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Understanding Quran Without Tafsir

Tagged: 

• Understanding Quran Without Tafsir

Posted by Ahmad Zia Jamili on July 4, 2021 at 1:45 am

Dear sir,

can we understand quran without reading tafseer, I mean is it possible to understand Quran (Deen) only with translation,? could you please tell me What is Ustad Ghamidis view on this.

thanks,

Ali Shafi replied 2 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Understanding Quran Without Tafsir

Ali Shafi updated 2 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator July 4, 2021 at 4:38 am

Yes its possible. Thats why Ghamidi sb has written AL bayan

• Umer

Moderator July 4, 2021 at 5:28 am

Please refer to the video below from 46:04 to 48:34

https://youtu.be/vqGujvxF_ZI?t=2764

• Ahmad Zia Jamili

Member July 6, 2021 at 4:30 am

Thanks you so much Umer Quraishi

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 4, 2021 at 6:32 am

Brother Ahmad I read Quran translations numerous times. I read 6 translations from different scholars and then compared them. I refused to read tafseer because I didn’t want anyone to corrupt the meaning of Quran based on their opinion or interpretation.

Here is what I learnt.

Every Muslim must read translation many times, a little every day. The person will easily understand the overall message of Allah without any help.

Since Quran covers each topic at many different locations, it might also help to read Quran translation grouped by topic to fully understand each topic. Please see information at the bottom of this post for links.

Beyond this please note the following.

1. It is important to find a good translation that is written with full natural sentences and that uses easy words. Avoid the one’s written as word for word translation as you wouldn’t understand the meaning properly.

2. Read translation without Arabic. That way you would better understand the flow and message.

3. Reading one time may not be sufficient. You will find yourself confused with a small portion of Quran. You may also have many questions.

4. Next I would recommend listening to 100s or thousands of question and answer videos from Ghamidi Sahib and Dr. Zakir Naik. This will clarify many questions and confusions you may have after reading Quran.

Here are links for Quran translation by topic.

Translation of all Ayahs (verses/sections) of Quran on Specific Topics.

Click Below To Download MP3 Audio Files or PDF readable files in English or Urdu.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsTZ9_WVQ4eDh7M_Wa_fdSH9kYhKEg?e=iELVzw

For all videos

https://youtube.com/channel/UCpYVrBK9H2MkLQj2YZiRVqA

• Ahmad Zia Jamili

Member July 6, 2021 at 4:32 am

Thanks you so much Dear Nadeem Minhas, for you very great ideas regarding reading Quran.

• Ali Shafi

Member July 6, 2021 at 6:52 am

Is samething is apply on Hadith? Only translation is enough? No need for tafseer??

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register