Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Quantum Mechanics And Consciousness

• Quantum Mechanics And Consciousness

• Ahsan

Moderator July 4, 2021 at 2:09 pm

Understanding conciousness from quantum mechanics is in my opinion due to lack of understanding of the phenomenon. It has no spritual side.
    Ghamidi sb here is talking about what is real essence of life which he think to be nafs not body.

• Areej Sajid

Member July 4, 2021 at 2:15 pm

So body isn’t real?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 8:16 am

Neither Ghamidi sb mean that nor I. Body has been created from matter. However, test of life is test of nafs in reality.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 9:06 am

I agree with you Ahsan. What is real or not is based on our perception. I normally ask a person what criteria they will use to judge if something is real or not. We have only 5 senses and that is all we can use to judge. If those 5 senses are controlled anything can be made real.

Once again, what is the criteria for us to judge if something is real or not?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 9:21 am

You are right we have no idea about reality because we know our senses can betray us easily.
      I once talked to a nueroscientist in Cambridge. He told me that there is no experimental way to determine the state of conciousness and we just know that there is conciousness in subject being examined.

Here I agree to Ghamidi sb that we can use argument based on Quran only. Philosophical argument keep producing obstacles which we cannot easily answer due to limitation of our knowledge and senses.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 5:33 am

In my learning, all objects in the universe have consciousness, but perhaps not free will or at least they are not going through a test like us. This is based on the Quran where it states that everything in the universe prays and Allah converse to inaimated objects.

My personal belief or interpretation is that nothing in the universe is real. That is how it is stated in some translations of Quran. But generally I believe anything that has an end can’t be real. Also it seems like based on Quntum Mechanics matter comes to existence when a human observes it..that is the collapse of wave function in Quantum Mechanics in double slit experiment.

• Areej Sajid

Member July 5, 2021 at 5:54 am

But Allah says us to see His power through different creatures.How they are made.And it’s real.So how can we say it’s not?like when we see the universe there are knowledge wisdom design and everything etc.If we consider these things are not real then how can we know God?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 6:20 am

I mean these things are not real because we or the objects will come to an end. Things are not real only as an intellectual exercise.

Beyond this, from our perspective everything feels real and looks real. All this is real and a perfect environment for a test.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 9:15 am

How I would define somethimg real to me in this World is if it feels real to me. Beyond this to define absolute real is something that never dies and that never ends. That means the ultimate reality is Allah.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 11:34 am

We have to understand human sources of knowledge in addition to their limitations and form any ideas about reality based on those. Certitude in anything is contextual, and it cannot escape the limitations of human knowledge. When God addresses us in the Quran, He too only uses human sources of knowledge to present any arguments.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register