Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Did The People Of Hud صلى الله عليه وسلم Have Multiple Prophets?

Tagged: ,

• Did The People Of Hud صلى الله عليه وسلم Have Multiple Prophets?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 4, 2021 at 6:53 pm

Hud – 11:59

Arabic

وَتِلۡكَ عَادٌۖ جَحَدُواْ بِـَٔايَٰتِ رَبِّهِمۡ وَعَصَوۡاْ رُسُلَهُۥ وَٱتَّبَعُوٓاْ أَمۡرَ كُلِّ جَبَّارٍ عَنِيدٍ

The ayah seems to signify this- do we know who they were or anything?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Did The People Of Hud صلى الله عليه وسلم Have Multiple Prophets?

Ahmad Shoaib updated 2 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 12 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 5:45 am

Since verse 60 ends with اَلَا بُعۡدًا لِّعَادٍ قَوۡمِ ہُوۡدٍ ,specifically referring to ‘aad‘ as ‘Nation of Hud (sws)‘, therefore, I find Ghamidi Sahab’s explanation more convincing:

187 اُن کی طرف اگرچہ ایک ہی رسول کی بعثت ہوئی تھی، مگر کوئی رسول بھی یہ دعوت اُن کے سامنے پیش کرتا، اُس کے ساتھ وہ یہی کرتے، اِس لیے ایک رسول کی نافرمانی کو تمام رسولوں کی نافرمانی قرار دیا ہے۔

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 5, 2021 at 6:04 am

Yes well in surah muzamil it says pharoah was sent one messneger but we know he was sent two so sometimes only the prominent one is mentioned.

I don’t get why you would take it as metaphorical.

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 6:11 am

Pharoah was actually sent one messenger, which two are you referring to? Prophet Haroon (Sws) was not a Rasool, it has always been Prophet Moses (sws).

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 5, 2021 at 6:12 am

Ta Ha – 20:47

Arabic

فَأۡتِيَاهُ فَقُولَآ إِنَّا رَسُولَا رَبِّكَ فَأَرۡسِلۡ مَعَنَا بَنِىٓ إِسۡرَٰٓءِيلَ وَلَا تُعَذِّبۡهُمْۖ قَدۡ جِئۡنَٰكَ بِـَٔايَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكَۖ وَٱلسَّلَٰمُ عَلَىٰ مَنِ ٱتَّبَعَ ٱلۡهُدَىٰٓ

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 6:15 am

Here Rasool is used in literal sense as a messenger of God.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 5, 2021 at 6:17 am

Al-Muzzammil – 73:15

Arabic

إِنَّآ أَرۡسَلۡنَآ إِلَيۡكُمۡ رَسُولًا شَٰهِدًا عَلَيۡكُمۡ كَمَآ أَرۡسَلۡنَآ إِلَىٰ فِرۡعَوۡنَ رَسُولًا

Here it’s talking about imo how musa صلى الله عليه وسلم is very similar to Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم.

So there can be multiple prophets I don’t see the issue

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 5:00 pm

So if there were many Rasul being sent to the Nation of ‘Aad’ before Prophet hud (sws), wouldn’t this mean there won’t be any nation left for Prophet hud (Sws) to do itmam-e-hujjah on, since earlier Rasul would’ve already done that.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 5, 2021 at 5:05 pm

I’m saying that this could mean that just like with pharoah being sent Musa صلى الله عليه وسلم and harun صلى الله عليه وسلم there was another prophet with hud صلى الله عليه وسلم that just wasn’t named

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 5:09 pm

Yes, could be possible. Since Harun (sws) was mentioned specifically, but in this case, we would have to make an assumption.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 5, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Yes so I would say that the plural form رسل shows this because we know of at least two events of multiple prophets – the ones in surah yasin (that I believe the Farahi school believes to be the story of Musa صلى الله عليه وسلم anyway)

And then Musa صلى الله عليه وسلم and harun صلى الله عليه وسلم.

You also have the whole Israelite chain

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 5:18 pm

This is plausible, I don’t disagree with you here.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 5, 2021 at 5:19 pm

👍

You’re not allowed to either 😤😤

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register