Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Is Marriage Still Valid If A Spouse Converts To A Different Religion?

• Is Marriage Still Valid If A Spouse Converts To A Different Religion?

Khushboo Bibi updated 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 6, 2021 at 10:51 am

Yes, the marriage is still intact. The only way a marriage is invalided is through the explicit divorce procedure as stated in the thread below:

Discussion 1103

• Khushboo Bibi

Member July 6, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Someone told me that my marriage is dissolute the moment someone coverts to other religion??, and that by having marital relations with her means adultery?…plz guide .

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 6, 2021 at 7:34 pm

That’s not the case at all. For your peace of mind you can ask them for an evidence of their claim from the Quran or the Sunnah, which there exists none whatsoever.

For comments by Ghamidi sahab, please refer to:

Discussion 40395 • Reply 40593

• Khushboo Bibi

Member July 6, 2021 at 10:07 pm

Thanks for your responses. But in this video this issue which I am facing is not addressed. In plain words, is there any way that I keep practicing Islam and my wife keep practicing Christianity and we can continue with our marriage? Some Islamic school of thoughts are saying that yes Islam allows marriages with women from Jews and Christians but when your wife converts from Islam to Christianity, then she is considered apostate, hence Nikah with her dissolves, and you will sin if you keep staying with her. I am sorry to repeat my question again n again. But I am in

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 6, 2021 at 10:18 pm

The principle that marriage is a binding contract that doesn’t dissolve without explicit divorce is discussed in the video shared above.

As far as apostasy is concerned, there’s no law against it in Islam. Please watch the following video. You can also refer to Ghamidi sahab’s book Burhan to learn more.

https://youtu.be/hxBwtdVdlyI

• Khushboo Bibi

Member July 6, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Thanks a loT for help brother.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register