A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 11:81: وما جعلنا الرؤيا إلا فتنة

Tagged: ,

• Quran 11:81: وما جعلنا الرؤيا إلا فتنة

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on July 9, 2021 at 5:35 am

Hud – 11:81

Arabic

قَالُواْ يَٰلُوطُ إِنَّا رُسُلُ رَبِّكَ لَن يَصِلُوٓاْ إِلَيۡكَۖ فَأَسۡرِ بِأَهۡلِكَ بِقِطۡعٍ مِّنَ ٱلَّيۡلِ وَلَا يَلۡتَفِتۡ مِنكُمۡ أَحَدٌ إِلَّا ٱمۡرَأَتَكَۖ إِنَّهُۥ مُصِيبُهَا مَآ أَصَابَهُمْۚ إِنَّ مَوۡعِدَهُمُ ٱلصُّبۡحُۚ أَلَيۡسَ ٱلصُّبۡحُ بِقَرِيبٍ

Ta Ha – 20:77

Arabic

وَلَقَدۡ أَوۡحَيۡنَآ إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰٓ أَنۡ أَسۡرِ بِعِبَادِى فَٱضۡرِبۡ لَهُمۡ طَرِيقًا فِى ٱلۡبَحۡرِ يَبَسًا لَّا تَخَٰفُ دَرَكًا وَلَا تَخۡشَىٰ

As we can see the same word اسر is used in the two ayaat above as in 17:1 for Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم . So the question arises why assume this to be a vision? Masjidul aqsa just means further at mosque so it doesn’t have to be in Jerusalem. Here is a resource for that: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.moroccoworldnews.com/2020/11/326128/saudi-lawyer-claims-al-aqsa-mosque-is-in-saudi-arabia-not-jerusalem/amp/

So the vision mentioned in 17:60 would be a vision to conquer makkah that was commented on to be a fitnah. And then this vision was then fulfilled in medinah as mentioned in 48:27.

So 17:1 would actually be refereeing to escaping from persecution perhaps which would then lead to going to medinah in a while.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3596681,00.html

Ahsan replied 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Quran 11:81: وما جعلنا الرؤيا إلا فتنة

Ahsan updated 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 13, 2021 at 7:14 am

I hope you have watched the series of 23 objections which discusses this matter at length. That has answer to all your questions.

• Ahsan

Moderator July 13, 2021 at 12:06 pm

I have watched this series but i couldnt find answer to this question why first verse cannot be talking about some mosque in saudia arabia perhaps madina and not jeruselum. Madina had also fertile land.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 13, 2021 at 1:08 pm

Yes and it is taken as a given that 17:60 refers to 17:1- I’m asking what’s the evidence for this as I outlined above

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 13, 2021 at 9:45 am

For reference, here are the videos of Response to 23 Questions on this topic:

Discussion 45425

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 18, 2021 at 7:40 am

This question has been addressed in the series as far as I remember. The qualification, the blessed land, is used for Jerusalem and Palestine in the old scriptures too. The whole sura deals with bani israel for the same reason that the journey to the mosque indicated the paradigm shift.

• Ahsan

Moderator July 18, 2021 at 7:44 am

Thank you very much.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register