Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Did Allah Create Humans To Torture When He Knew The Result?

• Did Allah Create Humans To Torture When He Knew The Result?

Posted by Zayf Shakir on July 10, 2021 at 7:18 am

My Question:

Allah already knows without the test what each person will do. Then he certainly knows about those human beings who are not going to follow His Prophets and Obey Him. Then why did He created all of them? Just to torture them?

@Sonnadi Answered my question :

Zayf, the question you brought up is a separate thread and discussed in detail. Perhaps the moderator will provide the link for that discussion.

I do not remember what the conclusion was for that discussion, but my GUESS & OPINION is as follows based on piecing together various information and inferring a meaning out of it.

When Allah created humans he gave them free will and asked them if they want to achieve the status of best of his creatures and receive eternal life in a paradise. In order to achieve this status they had to go through a test, but if they fail the test they would be punished. Each one of us took that challenge using our Free will and were sent to this Earth for a test.

Allah gave humans free will and full capability to pass or fail the test. Allah just knows in advance who will pass or fail. Allah built into each human a sense of right and wrong from birth. Allah tries to help them pass the test by sending prophets and holy books, but he never influences them in any way to fail.

The basic knowledge of what is good or bad and that there is only one Allah is built into every human being from birth. Those who try to follow that guidance, Allah further provides guidance to them. Those who try to go the wrong way, Allah still guides them to the right path to a point and then lets Shaitan become influential on them.

Also, humans took the challenge themselves. They shouldn’t have taken the challenge and stay satisfied with their original status.

Now whether Allah will actually punish all the humans who didn’t follow his guidance, we do not know. In Quran Allah promises paradise to those will pass the test…and Allah never breaks his promise. On the other hand he doesn’t promise but only threatens with punishment who will fail the test. Thus Allah reserves the right to do whatever he will regarding those who didn’t follow his guidance and failed the test.

Faraz Siddiqui replied 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Did Allah Create Humans To Torture When He Knew The Result?

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 10, 2021 at 7:26 am

@Sonnadi Your answer has made me confused about certain things!

1: As you said Allah asked the humans weather they’d like to take the test and receive eternal life in paradise and humans said yes! So my question is How do you know this? Is it mentioned is Quran? Was i present there at the moment when this question was asked?

2: If you say that i chose to be in this test then i was already destined to come into this world then my parents would have also been decided. If my parents had been decided then where is the free will of my parents about marrying each other?

3: If i really did say yes that i don’t know about so was i aware of the difficulty of test or did i just said yes because of the reward?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 7:41 am

All good and and natural questions. Please note again, my piecing together various information from Quran is still my GUESS AND OPINION, it is not the fact. I am not a scholar, just a student. Perhaps a scholar can better answer these question. And all these questions have already been answered in an earlier thread. Rather than answering them in detail, I will wait until a moderator can provide a link to that thread.

1. In Quran it is stated that humans took responsibility of free will. It also states, I am not quoting here, that Allah created a special creation that he thought was somehow better than others. It also states in Quran that Allah sent all of us in this World for a test. Those who will pass the test will receive eternal life in Paradise is also stated in Quran. If you piece together all the above it MAY sum up to the item 1 above.

2. Allah chose different tests for each of us. Some are being tested for being poor and some for being rich, some are born in Muslim family some in non-Muslim, some are born sick, some healthy, etc. It is Allah’s responsibility to provide information to people in this World regarding this test and how to pass the test. People will be judged based on their severity of their test, knowledge and effort.

3. Allah had to erase our earlier memories before sending us to this test. If we remembered everything, then it wouldn’t be a test.

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 10, 2021 at 7:45 am

So He erased the memory and then told us about that in Quran! Why?

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:32 am

Can you please mention the verse in which Allah has said this? Or any source? Because i haven’t studied the whole Quran yet and i don’t know it it’s in the Quran or not!

Thanks 🙂

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:36 am

Please go through the links brother Umer provided and still there are any questions left we should cover them here. All this has been discussed many times previously .

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:40 am

I did go through all of them but i am just asking for the source of your information or Quranic verse!

One important thing that I’m of the same opinion as Ghamidi sir regarding fate, destiny and free will but when you told me about ” humans’ consent before birth” so that made me think about above mentioned three questions and those are still valid if this is true that God actually asked us before birth. So that’s why I’m asking for a source of your information!

Thanks 🙂

• Umer

Moderator July 10, 2021 at 7:50 am

Please refer to the following responses by Ghamidi Sahab specifically addressing these questions:

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37855

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37856

Discussion 37854 • Reply 37857

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:34 am

It still didn’t answer my question!

Did Allah ask us before sending us into this world?

If yes then why did he erase the memory?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:48 am

Yes he did ask if we accept the responsibility of free will and humans accepted that responsibility. Allah also states that he sent us here for a test to achieve eternal life in Paradise. He also says if we remember any of this.

I am not sure why he erased our memory. What if we all remembered our conversation with Allah and our memory of heavens, would our behaviour be different? Would this test be valid? Certainly our behavior will be different if we remembered Allah and remembered paradise.

On the other hand Iblis while talking to Allah still rebelled and prophet Adam while remembering his conversation with Allah still made a mistake.

I think it is better that we do not remember. For one it makes the test valid. Secondly if we remembered and still committed all the sins then our crime would have been more severe.

• Umer

Moderator July 11, 2021 at 4:48 am

This was not your original question. The responses shared by me address your original question. Whenever you have a question of a different nature, please post it as a separate topic.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 1:12 pm

Pleasd read this topic and all pertinent verses about humans are in here.

https://youtu.be/H3x0QxLXBeU

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 10, 2021 at 1:35 pm

Sir with due respect i still can’t find that verse which states that Allah asked for our consent!

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 2:17 pm

[7:172] Recall that your Lord summoned all the descendants of Adam, and had them bear witness for themselves: “Am I not your Lord?” They all said, “Yes. We bear witness.” Thus, you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, “We were not aware of this.”

[33:72] We have offered the responsibility (freedom of choice) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they refused to bear it, and were afraid of it. But the human being accepted it; he was transgressing, ignorant.

[67:2] The One who created death and life for the purpose of distinguishing those among you who would do better. He is the Almighty, the Forgiving.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 11, 2021 at 8:34 am

Allah’s plan

˹Remember˺ when your Lord said to the angels, “I am going to place a successive ˹human˺ authority on earth.” They asked ˹Allah˺, “Will You place in it someone who will spread corruption there and shed blood while we glorify Your praises and proclaim Your holiness?” Allah responded, “I know what you do not know.”2:230

So Allah wanted a vicegerent on earth. The ayah above doesn’t say “who” will be the khalifa

Indeed, We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they ˹all˺ declined to bear it, being fearful of it. But humanity assumed it, ˹for˺ they are truly wrongful ˹to themselves˺ and ignorant ˹of the consequences˺,33:72

Afterwards Allah offered the responsibility to carry His spirit and if failed then endure hellfire and if pass then enjoy heaven. All refused but human beings. Hence Allah breathes his “rooh”into Adam (Adam is representing all humans)

So when I have fashioned him and had a spirit of My Own breathed into him, fall down in prostration to him 15:29 & 38:72

Then Adam underwent a training course (it’s apparent then Adam and Eve both were created, breathed Rooh into and both were present when angels prostrated. The reason being that they were both descended to heaven together and both were deceived by Iblees)

We said, “Descend all of you! Then when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows it, there will be no fear for them, nor will they grieve 2:38

Allah said, “Descend as enemies to each other. You will find in the earth a residence and provision for your appointed stay. He added, “There you will live, there you will die, and from there you will be resurrected. 7:24-24

Allah gave the option to all His creation to uptake the responsibility. All denied but humans so they were given this opportunity. By their own free will and choice. Now why don’t we remember it? Well, do we remember our time in the womb? No we don’t but we learn about it afterwards based on the data we also learn and believe to be true. Similarly, we can learn interpret and accept the data Allah has provided in this world around us. All of us have different circumstances and hence different methods or means to understand. Our responsibility is only to remain sincere in our quest and that’s it!

Lastly, this story is dispersed through out the Quran with different contexts but the core remains the same

Plz read it and feel free to correct any mistakes

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 11, 2021 at 8:47 am

Brother Faraz, all you stated seems to be correct. Still we do not get a clue or a direct answer if and why our memory was erased. In my earlier statement, I stated a few reasons that may be possible. The most common one that is quoted by scholars is that erasing memory was necessary to keep the test valid. I have given points for and against in my earlier post. What do you think? Is there anything in Quran or Hadith providing a reason why our memory was erased?

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 11, 2021 at 12:25 pm

We said, “Descend all of you! Then when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows it, there will be no fear for them, nor will they grieve 2:38

This verse implies that human beings knew that they will not remember anything from before otherwise why would Allah says to follow guidance when it comes?

Beside this question is philosophically wrong. We r asking to remember what happened BEFORE we were created! No physical being can know anything before it’s creation/origin

I mean created in the sense of homosapiens, a specie among many bound by laws of physics in a finite worl

Our lives inside womb is an excellent example. We don’t remember anything of that life but it’s as real to us as anything else. Life before creation is nothing but similar

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 11, 2021 at 12:44 pm

Brother Faraz, I like your explanation in the first two paragraphs. I never thought of this. That makes sense 🙂

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 11, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Alhamdulillah Nadeem bhai

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register