Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Why I Should Not Preach To Non Muslims

• Why I Should Not Preach To Non Muslims

Posted by Iftikhar Ali on July 10, 2021 at 1:54 pm

There are a number of verses in Quran that the people who will be punished will be the ones who were invited to believe in Allah the almighty and they refused to believe the messengers.

Can I infer from it that non muslims if they do not hear message of Islam they will not be punished, hence I show compassion to them by keeping quiet and not preaching Islam to them?

Iftikhar Ali replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Why I Should Not Preach To Non Muslims

Iftikhar Ali updated 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 8:22 pm

I think these days message gets to them from all sorts of media. So a person doesn’t necessarily have to invite them. The message is reaching them. Also Islam is the second largest religion i the World. If someone is looking for a creator, it will be surprising that the person wouldn’t look into Islam.

• Iftikhar Ali

Member July 10, 2021 at 9:21 pm

Thank you Nadeem, However the angle of the question is more about ‘hiding a truth’. In my view I was appalled hearing this from someone who genuinely believes that its an act of compassion although so obviously absurd to say the least.

It is in my personal view in parallel to what Jews were saying to one another not to reveal to Muslims what they had from Allah the almighty in order that they can avoid making a witness against themselves as if Allah the almighty wouldn’t know otherwise and this is referred to somewhere in first few Surahs of the Holy Quran I can’t remember where.

Kindly share with me Quranic direction for us living among non muslims in europe etc. How can I highlight the absurdity of the view I originally referred it in my question.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 10:46 pm

A well known scholar stated in one of his Q&A session in response to how Aborigines or Amazonians will be judged when they never heard of Islam or any other religion.

There were two answers. 1. Surprisingly the concept of one god somehow reached them and they are aware of it. 2. Even if concept of one god did not reach them, Allah has already put an innate sense of one god and basic concepts of right and wrong in every human. Thus those who never heard of Islam or Quran, Allah will judge them and then reward or punish them based on their actions in compliance or against their innate sense.

I think the verse you referred is specific to an invitation by a prophet. If they reject the message of a prophet, then Allah punishes them by annihilating them.

In the present time, I believe it is sufficient that the message gets to them somehow. People will be judged based on their knowledge, intention and effort.

• Iftikhar Ali

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:22 pm

وَلَا تَلْبِسُوا۟ ٱلْحَقَّ بِٱلْبَـٰطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا۟ ٱلْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

Do not mix truth with falsehood or hide the truth knowingly. (2:42)

يَـٰٓأَهْلَ ٱلْكِتَـٰبِ لِمَ تَلْبِسُونَ ٱلْحَقَّ بِٱلْبَـٰطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُونَ ٱلْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

O People of the Book Why do you mix the truth with falsehood and hide the truth knowingly. (3:71)

Could I use these verses to pursuade someone avoiding a discourse with non muslim fellows?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 10, 2021 at 11:50 pm

I am not a scholar but just trying to learn myself. The verses you referred are in a different context.

My experience about discussions and debates is that they are useless and waste of time and not in compliance with the teachings of Islam. You can’t shove any information into anyone no matter how good you argument is. They will find a way to argue and reject. You can’t guide or convince someone unless the person is ready.

If someone is seeking the truth and searching for a true god and ready to accept information to evaluate, but not asking questions merely to argue and debate, then you assist them by providing a copy of Quran, refer them to a good scholar or answer their questions if you feel capable of doing so.

It is more likely that such person will turn towards Islam. The person has to take the first initiative to seek the truth, our job is to find and reach out to such person and provide information. Threafter it is Allah’s responsibility to provide guidance.

• Iftikhar Ali

Member July 14, 2021 at 8:43 am

Am I supposed to keep quiet and not talk about Islam with my non muslim friends. Is the following ayat only refer’s to the prophet and his companions? Am I excluded?

قُلْ هَـٰذِهِۦ سَبِيلِىٓ أَدْعُوٓا۟ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۚ عَلَىٰ بَصِيرَةٍ أَنَا۠ وَمَنِ ٱتَّبَعَنِى ۖ وَسُبْحَـٰنَ ٱللَّهِ وَمَآ أَنَا۠ مِنَ ٱلْمُشْرِكِينَ

Say, “This is my way. I call (people) to Allah with full perception, both I and my followers. Pure is Allah; and I am not among those who associate partners with Allah.” (12:108)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register