Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Sacrificing (qurbani) On Eid UL Adha

• Sacrificing (qurbani) On Eid UL Adha

Posted by Zuhair on July 10, 2021 at 3:44 pm

Can we sacrifice our money or possessions for the poor or is it specifically mentioned to sacrifice particular animals? And what was the reasoning behind sacrificing Animals and not money or other possessions. Secondly, I’ve heard people saying that it is not fardh to sacrifice an animal so please clarify so I can explain them clearly

Zuhair replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Sacrificing (qurbani) On Eid UL Adha

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 10, 2021 at 10:00 pm

Sacrificing an animal is an expression that symbolizes that should such a time comes, we shall sacrifice our own lives for our Lord. There’s a different ibadah for sacrificing money and it’s called zakat. Qurbani is a sunnah of prophets and under normal circumstances we should follow it the way it has been transmitted to us. The following video will shed some light. For details, please refer to Ghamidi sahab’s book Meezan.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 10, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Please also see:

Discussion 1252

• Zuhair

Member July 11, 2021 at 7:58 am

Sir you said it’s a Sunnah which has been transmitted to us so this means it’s not fardh to sacrifice?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 11, 2021 at 9:11 am

There are two types of sunnah. Some are compulsory (fard) and others are preferred (mustahab). Qurbani falls under the first category.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 15, 2021 at 8:22 am

I apologize, in a hurry I said this wrong. Qurbani is actually a nafil ibadah.

• Zuhair

Member July 11, 2021 at 2:37 pm

I get it but can you please give some more examples of fardh Sunnah and mustahab Sunnah for more clarity. And what is the difference between fardh and fardh Sunnah?

• Zuhair

Member July 15, 2021 at 9:13 am

Ok so Faisal Haroon SB said that qurbani is a nafl ibadah so this means it falls neither in the farz category nor in the Sunnah category right?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register