Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Offering Salah During Journey

Tagged: ,

• Offering Salah During Journey

Posted by Talha Mujahid on July 11, 2021 at 4:42 am

Is it mentioned explicitly in Quran that we can pray during journey on the back of animal?

I found one hadith of Muslim in which stated that prophet used to pray nawafil on the back of camel

Umer replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Offering Salah During Journey

Umer updated 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator July 11, 2021 at 5:42 am

حٰفِظُوۡا عَلَی الصَّلَوٰتِ وَ الصَّلٰوۃِ الۡوُسۡطٰی ٭ وَ قُوۡمُوۡا لِلّٰہِ قٰنِتِیۡنَ ﴿۲۳۸﴾ فَاِنۡ خِفۡتُمۡ فَرِجَالًا اَوۡ رُکۡبَانًا ۚ فَاِذَاۤ اَمِنۡتُمۡ فَاذۡکُرُوا اللّٰہَ کَمَا عَلَّمَکُمۡ مَّا لَمۡ تَکُوۡنُوۡا تَعۡلَمُوۡنَ ﴿۲۳۹﴾

(یہ خدا کی شریعت ہے۔ اِس پر قائم رہنا چاہتے ہو تو) اپنی نمازوں کی حفاظت کرو، خاص کر اُس نماز کی جو (دن اور رات کی نمازوں کے) بیچ میں آتی ہے، (جب تمھارے لیے اپنی مصروفیتوں سے نکلنا آسان نہیں ہوتا)، اور (سب کچھ چھوڑ کر) اللہ کے حضور میں نہایت ادب کے ساتھ کھڑے ہو جاؤ۔

پھر اگر خطرے کا موقع ہو تو پیدل یا سواری پر، جس طرح چاہے پڑھ لو۔ لیکن جب امن ہو جائے تو اللہ کو اُسی طریقے سے یاد کرو، جو اُس نے تمھیں سکھایا ہے، جسے تم نہیں جانتے تھے۔

(Quran 2:238-239)

Prophet (sws) used to pray nawafil on camels whenever he was going in a caravan and he didn’t feel the need to disturb the whole caravan for his nafal prayers. However, for Farz prayer, since everyone had to pray that, they used to stop the caravan and pray.

But as a matter of principle, whenever there is unusual difficulty (usar) in praying any Salah in a prescribed format, the Salah can be offered in a secondary format considering ease under the given circumstances i.e. while sitting on an airplane, train etc.

• Talha Mujahid

Member July 11, 2021 at 5:50 am

Now I have to travel from Lahore to Islamabad once or twice in month. I travel through public non stop transport which cannot be stopped for me. So mostly asar and maghrib prayer miss in journey.

So what’s better for me

1. to combine asar with zuhar and maghrib with isha

2. to pray during journey

• Umer

Moderator July 11, 2021 at 7:07 am

It is recommended to pray each Salah on time, in whatever form one can. However, the first option of combining prayers can also be adopted.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register