Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Indecent Requirements From Client Of A Website Development

• Indecent Requirements From Client Of A Website Development

Posted by Muhammad Ahmed on July 12, 2021 at 11:43 am

Am learning website development,my question is that if any client from USA or UK gives me the project in which the pictures of na mehram girls wearing short clothes are included and he wants me to add them in website,Is my salary from selling this project is haram?Kindly help me in this regard

Ahsan replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Indecent Requirements From Client Of A Website Development

Ahsan updated 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 15 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator July 12, 2021 at 1:49 pm

ANy thing which promotes immorality will be considered haram.
    You can refer to following thread to understand principles of determining HAram and Halal. Based on these rules, you can make decision urself.
    Discussion 1749

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member July 12, 2021 at 10:51 pm

Sir but I am just giving my services as web developer.Am not encouraging them to give me pictures of girls wearing short clothes.

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member July 12, 2021 at 10:55 pm

Sir let me explain with example.If some shopkeeper is selling soap and there is picture of model wearing short clothes on soap.My concern is that He does not promote girl,he is only selling soap.What is your opinion?Is he promoting immorality?

• Ahsan

Moderator July 12, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Read my comment again. I said you can make decision yourself after reading principles. I dont know the objective of website thats why i gave general comment.

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member July 13, 2021 at 1:12 am

Sir the objective of website is to sell girls clothes that’s why they use photos of girls.Now what’s your opinion

• Altamash Ali

Member July 13, 2021 at 4:05 am

what prohibition is there?:

وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ ۖ

. And do not approach immoralities – what is apparent of them and what is concealed.” -Quran 6:151

The Clear, apparent Immorality is :

وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا۟ ٱلزِّنَىٰٓ ۖ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ فَـٰحِشَةً وَسَآءَ سَبِيلًا

Do not go near adultery. It is truly a shameful deed and an evil way.

-Quran 17:32

Now what is hidden Immorality?? Answer is!!! No one knows But only the person who commit it!!!

Explanation :-

in another Ayah :-

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالْإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَيَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ ۚ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ ‎

Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving [help] to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded.

-Quran 6:90

So let’s focus on two things now, Bad conduct وَالْمُنكَرِ & Hidden immoralities الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا بَطَنَ..

There exist Cultures in which getting foot massage from Womens is considered Bad like in Indian Subcontinent, But if you would go to Malaysia or indonesia Womens do give Foot massage to strangers.

Now what is the point?

the Bad Conduct is very Subjective. it varies from culture to culture..

So Except Adultery Everything is Subjective, I can do whatever i want??

Wait,,

it is the Point where Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was Commanded to do This….

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ ۖ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ ۗ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and Bad conduct, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do.

-Quran 29:45

(Here i want to keep in mind the last words, “وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ And God knows that which you do.” i’ll address it later. there exist great wisdom in it.)

Instinct of Humans knows itself what is wrong and what is right..,

if you really want to know about Right and wrong in Subjective matters then Take help from Namaz, Salah, or prayer…

So, now from what thing you should refrain from??? if all the things are subjective.. and it’s upto me to know whether anything is bad or not except Adultery.

You Should refrain from Hiding any truth and and making your soul disappointed from yourself.

Here, i want to Quote Loot (Peace be upon him) when he addressed his people..

وَلُوطًا إِذْ قَالَ لِقَوْمِهِ أَتَأْتُونَ الْفَاحِشَةَ وَأَنتُمْ تُبْصِرُونَ

And tell of Lot. He said to his people, “Will you commit evil knowingly?

-Quran 27:54

Why did Loot (pbuh) Asked his people this??

Because if they do this act knowingly that it is shameful, then they Hide(kufr) the truth, and which is great sin.. and if they don’t do it knowingly then there is forgiveness from God.

وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ ‎﴿١٣٥﴾‏ أُولَٰئِكَ جَزَاؤُهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَجَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ وَنِعْمَ أَجْرُ الْعَامِلِينَ ‎﴿١٣٦﴾

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins – and who can forgive sins except Allah? – and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know. (135) Those – their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] doers. (136)

-Quran 3:135

pls focus on ‘and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.’ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

And,

God knows that which you do. وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

And listen,,

قَالَ اللَّهُ هَٰذَا يَوْمُ يَنفَعُ الصَّادِقِينَ صِدْقُهُمْ ۚ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ رَّضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

Allah will say, “This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness.” For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment.

-Quran 5:119

and listen.. God will hear testimony of people’s reproaching(disappointed) soul. so if your soul is not disappointed with you right now then there is actually no blame over you!!

لَا أُقْسِمُ بِيَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ‎﴿١﴾‏ وَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِالنَّفْسِ اللَّوَّامَةِ ‎﴿٢﴾‏

By no means!I present as witness the Day of Judgement.

And by no means!I present as witness this reproaching soul [within you].

-Quran, Surah Qayamat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

some side talk :

Some people when they see bad Conduct or Shamefulness from their perspective or view of point, they try to stop it from their hands, and when they are being asked ‘why you do this?’ they say ‘it is command of God’.

Allah knew this that people would have this kind of reaction when they will try to be so called submitted to God (Muslim)

that’s why God Said clearly in Quran..

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ كُلُوا مِمَّا فِي الْأَرْضِ حَلَالًا طَيِّبًا وَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ ۚ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ ‎﴿١٦٨﴾‏ إِنَّمَا يَأْمُرُكُم بِالسُّوءِ وَالْفَحْشَاءِ وَأَن تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ ‎﴿١٦٩﴾‏وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمُ اتَّبِعُوا مَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ قَالُوا بَلْ نَتَّبِعُ مَا أَلْفَيْنَا عَلَيْهِ آبَاءَنَا ۗ أَوَلَوْ كَانَ آبَاؤُهُمْ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ شَيْئًا وَلَا يَهْتَدُونَ ‎﴿١٧٠﴾‏ وَمَثَلُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا كَمَثَلِ الَّذِي يَنْعِقُ بِمَا لَا يَسْمَعُ إِلَّا دُعَاءً وَنِدَاءً ۚ صُمٌّ بُكْمٌ عُمْيٌ فَهُمْ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ ‎﴿١٧١﴾‏ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُلُوا مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِلَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ ‎﴿١٧٢﴾

O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth [that is] lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. (168) He only orders you to evil and immorality and to say about Allah what you do not know. (169) And when it is said to them, “Follow what Allah has revealed,” they say, “Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing.” Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided? (170) The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep – deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand. (171) O you who have believed, eat from the good things which We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is [indeed] Him that you worship. (172)

-Quran ; Surah Baqarah

Read the Ayahs,, and absorb wisdom of God from this Sentence :- Shaytan only orders you to evil and immorality and to say about Allah what you do not know.

God Combined both of commands together, so that People can understand, about their limits..

and another interesting thing is also this that The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep – Sounds familiar right??? i see these kind of people on pulpit usually. and most of them are call theselves associated from a religion,,,

[(btw religion is also sect to divide humans and God only revealed his words and asked huamanity to submit(Muslim) to creator of worlds, anyone can believe or disbelieve punishment is only for wrongdoers (Quran 18:29)]

Salam,,Heart Exclamation

• Ahsan

Moderator July 13, 2021 at 3:37 am

@Irfan76 Can you please give scholarly opinion?

• Altamash Ali

Member July 13, 2021 at 4:38 am

What prohibition is there?:

وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ ۖ

. And do not approach immoralities – what is apparent of them and what is concealed.” -Quran 6:151

The Clear, apparent Immorality is :

وَلَا تَقْرَبُوا۟ ٱلزِّنَىٰٓ ۖ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ فَـٰحِشَةً وَسَآءَ سَبِيلًا

Do not go near adultery. It is truly a shameful deed and an evil way.

-Quran 17:32

Now what is hidden Immorality?? Answer is!!! No one knows But only the person who commit it!!!

Explanation :-

in another Ayah :-

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالْإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَيَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ ۚ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ ‎

Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving [help] to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded.

-Quran 6:90

So let’s focus on two things now, Bad conduct وَالْمُنكَرِ & Hidden immoralities الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا بَطَنَ..

There exist Cultures in which getting foot massage from Womens is considered Bad like in Indian Subcontinent, But if you would go to Malaysia or indonesia Womens do give Foot massage to strangers.

Now what is the point?

the Bad Conduct is very Subjective. it varies from culture to culture..

So Except Adultery Everything is Subjective, means I can do whatever i want??

Wait,,

it is the Point where Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was Commanded to do This….

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ ۖ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ ۗ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and Bad conduct, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do.

-Quran 29:45

(Here i want to keep in mind the last words, “وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ And God knows that which you do.” i’ll address it later. there exist great wisdom in it.)

Instinct of Humans knows itself what is wrong and what is right..,

if you really want to know clearly about Right and wrong in Subjective matters then Take help from Namaz, Salah, or prayer…

So, now from what thing you should refrain from??? if all the things are subjective.. and it’s upto me to know whether anything is bad or not except Adultery.

You Should refrain from Hiding any truth and and making your soul disappointed from yourself.!!!

Here, i want to Quote Loot (Peace be upon him) when he addressed his people..

وَلُوطًا إِذْ قَالَ لِقَوْمِهِ أَتَأْتُونَ الْفَاحِشَةَ وَأَنتُمْ تُبْصِرُونَ

And tell of Lot. He said to his people, “Will you commit evil knowingly?

-Quran 27:54

Why did Loot (pbuh) Asked his people this??

Because if they do this act knowingly that it is shameful, then they Hide(kufr) the truth, and which is great sin.. and if they don’t do it knowingly then there is forgiveness from God.

وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ ‎﴿١٣٥﴾‏ أُولَٰئِكَ جَزَاؤُهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَجَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ وَنِعْمَ أَجْرُ الْعَامِلِينَ ‎﴿١٣٦﴾

And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins – and who can forgive sins except Allah? – and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know. (135) Those – their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] doers. (136)

-Quran 3:135

pls focus on ‘and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.’ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

And,

God knows that which you do. وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ

But listen,,

قَالَ اللَّهُ هَٰذَا يَوْمُ يَنفَعُ الصَّادِقِينَ صِدْقُهُمْ ۚ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ رَّضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

Allah will say, “This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness.” For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment.

-Quran 5:119

and listen.. God will hear testimony of people’s reproaching(disappointed) soul. so if your soul is not disappointed with you right now then there is actually no blame over you!!

لَا أُقْسِمُ بِيَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ‎﴿١﴾‏ وَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِالنَّفْسِ اللَّوَّامَةِ ‎﴿٢﴾‏

By no means!I present as witness the Day of Judgement.

And by no means!I present as witness this reproaching soul [within you].

-Quran, Surah Qayamat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

some side talk :

Some people when they see bad Conduct or Shamefulness from their perspective or view of point, they try to stop it from their hands, and when they are being asked ‘why you do this?’ they say ‘it is command of God’.

Allah knew this that people would have this kind of reaction when they will try to be so called submitted to God (Muslim)

that’s why God Said clearly in Quran..

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ كُلُوا مِمَّا فِي الْأَرْضِ حَلَالًا طَيِّبًا وَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا خُطُوَاتِ الشَّيْطَانِ ۚ إِنَّهُ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ مُّبِينٌ ‎﴿١٦٨﴾‏ إِنَّمَا يَأْمُرُكُم بِالسُّوءِ وَالْفَحْشَاءِ وَأَن تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ ‎﴿١٦٩﴾‏وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمُ اتَّبِعُوا مَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ قَالُوا بَلْ نَتَّبِعُ مَا أَلْفَيْنَا عَلَيْهِ آبَاءَنَا ۗ أَوَلَوْ كَانَ آبَاؤُهُمْ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ شَيْئًا وَلَا يَهْتَدُونَ ‎﴿١٧٠﴾‏ وَمَثَلُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا كَمَثَلِ الَّذِي يَنْعِقُ بِمَا لَا يَسْمَعُ إِلَّا دُعَاءً وَنِدَاءً ۚ صُمٌّ بُكْمٌ عُمْيٌ فَهُمْ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ ‎﴿١٧١﴾‏ يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُلُوا مِن طَيِّبَاتِ مَا رَزَقْنَاكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِلَّهِ إِن كُنتُمْ إِيَّاهُ تَعْبُدُونَ ‎﴿١٧٢﴾

O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth [that is] lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. (168) He only orders you to evil and immorality and to say about Allah what you do not know. (169) And when it is said to them, “Follow what Allah has revealed,” they say, “Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing.” Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided? (170) The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep – deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand. (171) O you who have believed, eat from the good things which We have provided for you and be grateful to Allah if it is [indeed] Him that you worship. (172)

-Quran ; Surah Baqarah

Read the Ayahs,, and absorb wisdom of God from this Sentence :- Shaytan only orders you to evil and immorality and to say about Allah what you do not know.

God Combined both of commands together, so that People can understand, about their limits..

and another interesting thing is also this that ‘The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep’Sounds familiar right??? i see these kind of people on pulpit usually. and most of them are call theselves associated from a religion,,,

[(btw religion is also sect to divide humans and God only revealed his words and asked huamanity to submit(Muslim) to creator of worlds, anyone can believe or disbelieve punishment is only for wrongdoers (Quran 18:29)]

Salam,, Heart Exclamation

• Umer

Moderator July 13, 2021 at 5:47 am

Neither is the company involved in any ‘Fawahish‘ act nor the person involved in making of the website. However, things can be improved by making pictures less exposing, but still, the work of website developer and the busines of the company both are from Halal means.

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member July 13, 2021 at 7:09 am

Ok tell me one thing Is it ok to develop these website which I attached.Because these people have culture of wearing short clothes so.Can I make this type of website for them.But their concern is to sell clothes.Is my incom haram in making these projects?Kindly tell me in this regard because we know that they are non Muslim and they don’t believe in Islam.

• Umer

Moderator July 13, 2021 at 7:49 am

It is a matter of dress code and not a matter of ‘Fawahish’. And for dress code, ‘hifz-e-farooj’ is the requirement whose application can vary in different circumstances, based on different cultures and different social environments. I personally find no harm if a webdeveloper posts these pictures for their audience for whom it is a cultural norm to wear such a dress which atleast fulfills the requirement of ‘hifz-e-farooj’ where it doesn’t tanamount to ‘Fawahish’.

However, I am not a scholar. Please refer to the below response by Irfan Shahzad Sahab for a scholarly insight.

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member July 13, 2021 at 8:30 am

Sir kindly tell me what is hifz-e farooj

• Ahsan

Moderator July 13, 2021 at 11:38 am

Refer to the first 27 mins of following video. Also watch this video From 48:34 to 52:50
      Discussion 47826 • Reply 47836

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 13, 2021 at 6:56 am

If something is definitely considered as fawahish or obscenity or immoral by him or by the standard norms of his culture in which he is living, one should avoid it by all means. This is the test for which man is created.

• Muhammad Ahmed

Member July 13, 2021 at 8:12 am

Sir kindly help me in this regard

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register