Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Working As A Software Engineer In A Food Delivery Company

Tagged: , ,

• Working As A Software Engineer In A Food Delivery Company

Posted by Haseeb Elahi on July 15, 2021 at 8:25 am

Assalam u Alaikum,

I’m a software engineer currently working and residing in a Muslim majority country. I have a stable job but got a very good job offer from a delivery company in Europe. As part of the that company, I will be building web platfroms that customers can use to order food, groceries, game tickets etc. The company partners with restaurants & super markets to deliver food and goods which can very well include pork and alcohol and the company takes the delivery fee and a comission. The company also has a courier delivery and ticket delivery wing and I could be assigned to work on any of the particular service.

Most of the answers I found on the internet are related to working as a delivery driver or a store clerk, which includes actual handling of the item. Although my job does not include direct contact with haram items, but the technology I help build will be used either to order simple groceries or to order wine as the customer wants and the company will deliver either. There is no specific information about what share of the company’s business involves delivering alcoholic products or pork.

Is it permissible for me to take that job? Should I just stay away from it or join the company and see how close I am to building the tech which customers are going to be using for ordering haram items?

Umer replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register