Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Sexist Islam

Tagged: ,

• Sexist Islam

Posted by Zuhair on July 25, 2021 at 6:11 am

Many people claim Islam to be sexist when it comes to women and I heard someone saying that even at the time of sacrifice hazrat Ibrahim AS was asked to sacrifice his son but in this important decision neither Hazrat Ismail’s mother was told about it and she wasn’t involved in the decision making. This was just one example but generally people claim that all religions are sexist. Can you please explain with some examples from quran .

Altamash Ali replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Sexist Islam

Altamash Ali updated 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member July 25, 2021 at 6:33 am

I am seeing a trend where such concepts are sown by other religions and non-religious people to weaken the faith of believers. Terms such as, sexism, inequality, unfairness, barbarism, etc.

It seems like they pull apart every word and concept to sow the seeds of suspicion in believer’s mind. When you look at their beliefs, they are utterly baseless and mere opinion and conjecture.

Regarding the specific incident. There is no statement in Quran whether prophet Ibrahim consulted his wife or not. So why an assumption she was not. Even if she was, then why prophet did not consult grand parents… don’t they have rights too? Why he did not take permission from the tribe before trying to commit a murder (In the eyes of others).

My point is that there is no limit to question everything.

• Ahsan

Moderator July 25, 2021 at 7:20 am

😃 nice point Nadeem sb

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member July 25, 2021 at 8:02 am

First question is why sexist is wrong? Asking a man to do a job easier for him than a woman isn’t wrong at all. Where’s the evidence that being equal is all walks of life is better. Another “sound good” idea without much good evidence. Best person for the job, should be the ideal. Equal opportunities is the goal and objective and not total equality at any cost.

Treating someone badly because they r weak is always wrong irrespective of their sex.

Brother plz cross question such ideas like what’s the source? Should anyone seek advice if Allah has commanded something directly? Like if a policeman give u a ticket would u say hold on let me discuss with my wife/husband?

Funniest comment I heard was that nations with female leaders don’t go to war. Nobody cared to look that countries with female leaders either don’t have a conflict with any neighbors or doesn’t have a strong or no army. People also forget Margaret thatcher (Falkland war) and Gold Meir (yom kippur war)

Islam is not sexist but human. It give credit to difference in nature of man and woman. Frankly I do think Islam is very feminist

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 25, 2021 at 8:28 am

See comparison of woman and man’s rights and responsibilities. Seems to be women are privileged in Islam.

• Zuhair

Member July 25, 2021 at 8:32 am

Yes I also believe that people force you to come up to that point when you literally have no answer to their questions and you just start doubting yourself that what you’re doing is it right or just blindly following something

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 25, 2021 at 8:42 am

Brother Zuhair, I have seen people make us answer every thing and we oblige without question. We are not scholars to answer everything on the spot or do a research and then convince someone who just doesn’t want to listen or understand but spew hatred.

Anyhow, now I started reverse question them and they have no answers just opinion and conjecture.

Ultimately you can’t convince someone who is not sincere. There is no use arguing with such person. The right candidate to provide info is who is sincere and honestly looking for answers to find god.

• Altamash Ali

Member July 25, 2021 at 9:19 am

Salam..

Brother, did you asked your question by quoting some hadith(report, or news) that you hear about specific person lived in prehistoric age?

then i would also like to quote hadith(report or news) that i heard from famous qari Muhammad hanif..

After listening to it, can we come to the point that we both don’t know? nor we have any means to know at this time?

And, God does what he wills!!! listen.. 14:00 – 21:20

https://youtu.be/qt6fkaVlMDg?t=840

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register