Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Question Regarding Warasat

Tagged: 

• Question Regarding Warasat

Posted by Fahad Nawaz on July 28, 2021 at 5:50 am

Assalamoalaikum,

Just listening to Molana Javaid Ghamidi Sb lecture on Surah Nisa where he explained about “Warasat” and I also read relevant portion in Meezan. I must appreciate that he has explained really well.

However Couple of questions I had which I am kind of not 100% clear and will highly appreciate if one can help in answering:

1. Is “Tarqa” only considered as leftover money or is house / cars etc. also considered “Tarqa”. If house / cars considered “Tarqa” then does wife of deceased need to sell these items, please explain process to follow with items which are not a hard cash.

2. Quran says boys share is equal to two girls. What if deceased has only one boy or one girl – does that one boy or one girl gets complete leftover Tarqa after “Mother, Father and Wife Recieved their shares”. For example: if deceased left 24 dollars. Mother Recieved 24/6 = 4 dollars, Father Recieved 24/6 = 4 dollars, Wife Recieved 24/8 = 3 dollars. Leftover 13 dollars. I had Karz of 5 dollars so that is paid.

1 son or 1 daughter gets leftover 8 dollars? Is this correct?

JazakAllah for helping in clarification.

Fahad Nawaz replied 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Question Regarding Warasat

Fahad Nawaz updated 2 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 11 Replies
  • Fahad Nawaz

Member July 28, 2021 at 6:16 am

Sorry mistyped at the end of calculation. I should have written calculation in below way to be clear.

If deceased has 1 child only which is son = leftover 8 dollars given to him? Is this correct

If deceased has 1 child only which is a daughter = leftover 8 / 2 = 4 dollars (this leaves 4 dollars spare). Is this correct?

• Umer

Moderator July 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm

1) Tarqa includes everything that a person owns, and in case of non-cash items, they need to be liquidated into cash if such a situation arises.

2) This is correct.

– In the presence of children, they are the ultimate or end beneficiary and get final distribution out of the remaining (Parent’s share would be 1/6th each in this case from the total).

– In the absence of children but presence of siblings, siblings take place of children and get final distribution out of the remaining (Parent’s share would be 1/6th each in this case as well from the total).

– But in the absence of both children and siblings, Parents become the ultimate or end beneficiary and hence they will get final distribution out of the remaining (which will be 1/3rd for Mother and 2/3rd for the Father).

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 28, 2021 at 3:05 pm

JazakAllah brother Umer.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 28, 2021 at 3:23 pm

Assalamoalaikum Brother Umer,

In the same scenario, now after distribution I am left with 8 dollars which I need to distribute between 1 girl and 1 boy.

How does it work? I am confused about boy’s share. I understand it is double of girl from Quran but how does it work mathematically here in this situation?

Does now girl get a 1/4th and boy gets 1/2? Please shed some further light

JazakAllah

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 28, 2021 at 4:02 pm

Just a YouTube video on an example.

In which the person explained.

1 boy + 1 girl (distribution will be as below)

2:1

Boy gets 2/3 X 8 = 5.3 dollars

Girl gets 1/3 X 8 = 2.7 dollars

Is that correct?

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 28, 2021 at 7:34 pm

Brother Fahad. I am sure this distribution between boy and girl is correct.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 29, 2021 at 2:22 am

JazakAllah brother

• Umer

Moderator July 29, 2021 at 4:21 pm

It is correct.

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 29, 2021 at 4:23 pm

JazakAllah brother Umer.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 28, 2021 at 7:30 pm

This is a great topic that I know very little of.

Still, I noted a few things that I wonder about.

1. Isn’t it that the first thing that needs to be paid is the loan before any distribution?

2. Isn’t that after payment of loan, the money need to be distributed according to deceased will?

3. Still if any money left then distribution according to Quran applies. Is this correct?

• Fahad Nawaz

Member July 29, 2021 at 2:25 am

Yes that’s what my understanding is as well.

In my example, I assumed no will of deceased and just went with distribution.

Loan is first then will of deceased then “parents and wife” then leftover to children and if no children then to brothers / sisters.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register