Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith – 40 Daughters Of Prophet Muhammad To Be Married To Usman RA

• Hadith – 40 Daughters Of Prophet Muhammad To Be Married To Usman RA

Posted by Asad Yousaf on July 30, 2021 at 2:37 pm

Kya is hadees ki koi haqeeqat hai? Na refference mil rha hai Kisi ne ye share kia hua tha k

Hazrat ali radiallaho tala anho riwayat karte hai ke me ne Rasoolullah sallaho tala alaihi wasallam ko irshaad farmate hue suna

(Jab Hazrat umme kulsoom radiallaho tala anho ka bhi wisaal e paak ho gaya us moke par)

ke aap Hazrat Usman radiallaho tala anho se farma rhe the

agar meri chaalis(40) betiya bhi hoti to bhi me ek ke baad ek digaar un sab ka nikah tum se kar deta.

-TAREEKH UL KHULFA S:236;ASSAWWAIKHUL MUHARRAQ S:180;IBNE ASAAKAR

Fahad Nawaz replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Hadith – 40 Daughters Of Prophet Muhammad To Be Married To Usman RA

Fahad Nawaz updated 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Fahad Nawaz

Member July 30, 2021 at 7:57 pm

Assalamoalaikum Brother,

There are various different versions of this narration, Among them are the following:

1) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

Marry ‘Uthman, If I had a third daughter I would have married him (to her) and I have only married him to my daughters through divine revelation (wahy).

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 490, -vol. 11-)

2) Sayyiduna ‘Uthman (radiyallahu ‘anhu) said to Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah Ibn ‘Abbas (radiyallahu ‘anhuma) that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said to me when he got me married to his second daughter, “If I had ten (daughters), I would have married them to you one at a time, for I am pleased with you”.

(Al Mu’jamul Awsat, Hadith: 6112)

3) Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

…”If I had ten daughters, I would have married them to ‘Uthman and I only got him married to my daughters through divine revelation (wahy)”

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 1063 -vol. 15-)

4) Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

If I had forty daughters, I would have married them one after the other to ‘Uthman.

(Tarikh Ibn ‘Asakir, vol. 39 pg. 43)

The above narrations are considered weak by Islamic scholars, support each other sufficiently.

(Refer: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 5 pg. 264 and Al Bidayah Wan Nihayah of Hafiz Ibn Kathir, vol. 7 pg. 377)

And Allah Ta’ala knows best

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register