Forums Forums Youth and Islam Is Using "πŸ™" Sign Permissble

• Is Using "πŸ™" Sign Permissble

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 2, 2021 at 11:43 pm

Yes.

• Deleted User 7113

Member August 3, 2021 at 6:33 am

I think Hindus do it. So it will not be good for Muslim to adopt it unless one is living in Hindu dominated areas and he has to contact them for business and other purposes. But if he avoids and raise one hand like salam will be better. Because according to a hadees or riwayat, one should not adopt non Muslims attire. Since this method of getting is related to Hindu religion and not to the area irrespective of religion, it will be advisable to avoid it as far as possible

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 3, 2021 at 7:50 am

There’s no prescribed Islamic gesture for salam. The narration about not adopting Non-Muslim attire is not understood correctly. The followers of other religions present at the time of Prophet Muhammad had adopted some innovations (bidat), and the directive by the Prophet was in reference to correcting those innovations.

For details about that narration please refer to:

Discussion 1261 • Reply 1622

• Nadeem Minhas

Member August 3, 2021 at 8:09 am

I agree with both. Although there is nothing wrong with it, I rather not do it. I am proud of my religion and my customs and I rather preserve them and try to influence others with those ways rather than adopting their ways. Adopting their ways subconsciously promotes acceptability of their beliefs and lifestyle.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register