Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Mental Health Stigma – Are Whispers Of Satan A Type Of OCD?

Tagged: ,

• Mental Health Stigma – Are Whispers Of Satan A Type Of OCD?

Posted by Sheharbano Ali on July 11, 2020 at 8:24 am

Can you be ‘religious’ and have mental health issues at the same time?

Absolutely. This is something that i experienced very recently, and so sharing this might be beneficial for others who are/think they might be going through the same. While this isn’t often considered when dealing with depression as it brings the ‘religious’ factor into it, but I can say for myself that this one thing kept building up until it started impacting negatively on my daily functioning to an extent that i was physically distressed and overly anxious all the time leading to depression. During treatment of depression, religious belief system should also be considered and (in my case) played a significant role in improving the condition.

https://youtu.be/1ucp1uHA66s

Sheharbano Ali replied 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Mental Health Stigma – Are Whispers Of Satan A Type Of OCD?

Sheharbano Ali updated 3 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Sheharbano Ali

Member July 11, 2020 at 8:25 am
  • Umer

Moderator July 11, 2020 at 8:41 am

Thank you for sharing this and opening up to the community for a bigger good. May Allah help everyone who’s going through any kind of illness including depression and other physical ailments. This topic is very crucial and I think it would serve the community better in youth forum so I am changing the forum to a more appropriate one. I hope you won’t mind.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 11, 2020 at 9:31 am

Ameen and definitely Umer Bhai. 🙂

Will also be sharing the resources that contributed greatly in improving the aforementioned condition I had to go through.

JazakAllah.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 11, 2020 at 5:50 pm

Im especially stressing on this dimension of the problem because of its relevance to me. I recently got out of this and this one factor was the foundation of all of my mental health issues.

As crucial as it is for an individual to be able to figure out exactly what they are going through, it is equally important for both the therapists and the imams to fill the gaps between secular and religious strategies and consider both, when dealing with such cases.

The paper that I’ll be sharing here highlights this aspect. I will also be sharing some resources that might be helpful for an individual to identify and overcome the attacks of the Shaitan, as for me, much of the problem was already solved by being able to identify exactly what i was suffering from.

• Sheharbano Ali

Member July 11, 2020 at 5:51 pm
  • Sheharbano Ali

Member July 11, 2020 at 5:54 pm

The discussion "Mental Health Stigma – Are Whispers Of Satan A Type Of OCD?" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now