Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Dealing With Homosexual Desires

• Dealing With Homosexual Desires

Posted by Ziad on August 5, 2021 at 2:13 pm

I am homosexual.i do not act upon it because it is haram but I feel miserable.i do motivate my self that Allah will grant me a lover(same gender) in jannah. Am I doing wrong thinking like this?

Haris Virk replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Dealing With Homosexual Desires

Haris Virk updated 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faraz Siddiqui

Member August 5, 2021 at 7:14 pm

May Allah make u steadfast in this test

You have to find ways to control this desire better. Simple abstinence never works for anything. In the heat of temptations, religions obligations do not hold

Understand that sexual desire is nothing but neurotransmitters in the brain. Brain can be trained just like any muscle. Work on your temptations with a professional and you’ll be controlling your desires and not your desire controlling you

Just because something biological doesn’t mean it has to be followed. This is wrong perception of today’s time. We always learn to control our biological urges like anger, fear, hunger etc. there’s data that gambling, pedophilia, theft all have biological or genetic predisposition but no society allows these people to fulfil their biological temptations!

Lastly, there’s nothing wrong in wanting something in jannah that’s haram here. Allah said there’ll be wine although it’s not allowed here. Shariah is for this duniya alone.

• Haris Virk

Moderator August 5, 2021 at 10:41 pm

You should consider your state as a form of trial and test — the principle on which the Almighty has created this world. He created people in various moulds in various circumstances in order to test them and reward them if they succeed in this test. If He has deprived people from some faculty or some ability, it is to test them. He has created children who are born blind or handicapped in some other way. I think that the correct way to look at such departures is to understand scheme of the Merciful Creator on which He has created us, for though each one of us has different circumstances, yet each one of us has an equal opportunity to enter the Kingdom of Heaven on the basis of the effort we make.”
    (Dr. Shehzad Saleem)

• Haris Virk

Moderator August 5, 2021 at 10:43 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register