Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Sharing Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Videos

• Sharing Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Videos

Posted by Yasir on August 7, 2021 at 6:29 am

I have created Facebook page “Islam for everyone” , can I upload videos of Ghamidi sahb on my Facebook page ?

This question is for Faisal Haroon Bhai !

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sharing Javed Ahmed Ghamidi Videos

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 7, 2021 at 9:01 am

Officially you’re only allowed to share posts from the GCIL Facebook page or Youtube video links from the official GCIL channel. However, this policy is currently not enforced and many people download and upload videos on their own channels and Facebook pages.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member August 7, 2021 at 1:00 pm

Normally there is no restriction on religious contents. Actually the contect creators prefers if others distribute the message in any shape or form without monetization.

So, I assumed that it would be the same case with Ghamidi Sahib’s contents and I used some videos for my site.

Based on your above answer, it seems like you are giving an implicit permission to use the videos? I have a few key videos that I translated in English for my Youtube site. Should I keep them there or take them down. I have explicitly stated that it is not an approved translation and it is not word for word translation.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 7, 2021 at 4:01 pm

I did not intend to grant any permissions as that authority doesn’t lie with me. I just wanted to let you know the official policy and it’s current enforcement. Armed with this knowledge, you can decide what’s best for you.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register