Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Ruju For Divorce Before Rukhsati

Tagged: 

• Ruju For Divorce Before Rukhsati

Posted by Jehangir Khan on August 7, 2021 at 7:50 am

A wife demands for divorce before the rukhsati ( no time spent together) through a written signed paper along with 2 witneses from her home members. Also after signing the paper the husband is asked to send an sms stating 3 talaqs. While it happens the wife regrets and wants to come back to the relationship. Plz guide. JazakAllah

Jehangir Khan replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ruju For Divorce Before Rukhsati

Jehangir Khan updated 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 7, 2021 at 11:03 am

If the iddah period has not passed then rujoo can be done, however if it has passed then a new nikah can be performed. This assumes that the husband gave the tallaq out of his own free will.

• Jehangir Khan

Member August 9, 2021 at 10:41 am

Thanks for your reply. Plz explain the idat time and also if girl is in another country & boy in different and due to cortona travel restrictions, will the idat time be the same? Also explain a bit more about new nikkah . Jazak Allah. Also I would like to know if it is Ghamdi sahib’s view?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 9, 2021 at 8:26 pm

My previous response was in accordance with direct consultation with Hassan Ilyas sahab regarding this issue.

I spoke with him again, and following is what he has explained:

If an intimate relationship was established between the man and the woman then the iddah period will be three menstrual cycles. During this time rujoo can performed and no new nikah is required. However, if an intimate relationship was not established between the man and the woman, then there’s no requirement of iddah. In that case a new nikah can performed.

• Jehangir Khan

Member August 9, 2021 at 11:48 pm

Thanks alot! JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register