Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions How To Deeply Understand The Quran

Tagged: 

• How To Deeply Understand The Quran

Posted by Hamza Ali on August 10, 2021 at 11:26 am

Alhamdulillah. I’ve completed the reading of the whole Maulana Maududi’s Urdu Tarjuma for the first time. Because this was the first time, I read it a bit rough in the beginning without much pondering. But, I’d like to know how can I start once again to understand Quran deeply? What would you recommend?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • How To Deeply Understand The Quran

• اشهل صادق

Member August 10, 2021 at 12:12 pm

السلام علیکم

ما شاء اللہ

If you really want to understand the Quran deeply, in my opinion you should learn Arabic.

Others can guide you better on what translations to read meanwhile and in what order but for a truly deep understanding, I think understanding the original text is a must.

Exegeses I would recommend right now are:

1) Maulana Ameen Ahsan’s Tadabbur e Quran

2) Javed Ahmad Ghamidi’s Al-Bayan

3) Muhammad Asad’s The Message of the Quran

In my opinion, you shouldn’t start with Maulana Ameen Ahsan’s Tadabbur e Quran as I feel it is too much for someone just starting pondering over the Quran. Al-Bayan is essentially a briefer version of Tadabbur, so start with that. Start from the beginning where Ghamidi Sahab introduces the Quran. And read The Message of the Quran side by side.

Read Islahi Sahab’s Mabadi e Tadabbur e Quran (which has been printed separately) and Ghamidi Sahab’s Mabadi e Tadabbur Quran (in Meezan) first, however.

I can’t emphasize on Arabic enough, though. These are my two cents. Others can guide you better.

• Faraz Siddiqui

Member August 10, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Congrats on finishing the translation. You r now part of a really small group of Muslims who actually read the book they believe in

I don’t have much to add to the above comments but few words from personal experience

We all feel an awe when we first read the Quran with understanding. We really want to dig deep in this ocean. My advice to u is hold off and ask why do u want to do it? Your reason will define what pathyou should take.

If u want to increase in guidance then keep reading translation, memorize as much as u can. Read it in prayer and Slowly Quran will start to speak to u in ur daily life. Make it a daily habit to read certain amount like 2 Rukus daily with understanding.

For daily reading Ghamidi sahab’s translation is very good. Abu Yahya’s audio lectures for the whole Quran is also amazing. Taqi Usmani sahab’s translation is also very good.

Share ur insights with family and friends. Don’t criticize but motivate others to learn. Remain a student and don’t be a judge.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 10, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Hopefully this video will be of help:

https://youtu.be/MRhEfKaklGI

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register