Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Relativistic Nature Of Haqooq Ul Ibaad

Tagged: , ,

• Relativistic Nature Of Haqooq Ul Ibaad

Posted by Saeed Ahmad on August 12, 2021 at 10:32 pm

It is said that Allah will deal with every person according to his knowledge. So, if a person has so less knowledge that he does something that seems normal to him, but is a bad deed or sin or ruthlessness or violation of Haqooq ul Ibaad according to someone else’s knowledge how will Allah deal with the person, if the person who suffered stands for justice in front of Allah,

Umer replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Relativistic Nature Of Haqooq Ul Ibaad

Umer updated 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 12, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Can you please clarify your question with an example?

• Saeed Ahmad

Member August 13, 2021 at 12:20 pm

For example, if you come in the gatherings of Ehl e Sunnat, many of their scholars call Ehl e Hadith and Ehl e Tashee as blasphemous(whatever their arguments are, can’t discuss here) . So, if I don’t have a good level of شعور, I would definitely consider them blasphemous according to knowledge that came to me from the biased scholar. So, another idea is to hate the blasphemous people as much as one can to attain the رضا of the Almighty, according to my knowledge. Finally, I would abuse and even hate people of other sects,like I saw and learned.

In all this scenario, on one hand I am doing good according to my knowledge, but on the other hand, violating human rights according to someone else’s knowledge. So, how will Allah do justice to me if the person stands for justice on the Day of Judgment, whose rights are being violated because of my limited knowledge.

I hope I clarified my confusion. It’s just an example, never intended to offend someone.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 13, 2021 at 1:37 pm

So, if I don’t have a good level of شعور, I would definitely consider them blasphemous…

If you incorrectly consider something blasphemy due to lack of knowledge or difference of opinion then there’s nothing wrong with that.

hate the blasphemous people as much as one can to attain the رضا of the Almighty…

If you dislike someone due to their behavior then there’s nothing wrong with that either. Since ‘hatred’ of someone is against human nature (fitrah), lack of knowledge can’t be used as a justification. If you do it for the pleasure of God, you have to have a basis from God himself.

I would abuse and even hate people of other sects…”

Abusing someone or showing any kind of aggression is not only against human nature (fitrah) and universal morality but also against God’s will. Please see:

Quran 49:11-13

Muhammad Asad

O YOU who have attained to faith! No men shall deride [other] men: it may well be that those [whom they deride] are better than themselves; and no women [shall deride other] women: it may well be that those [whom they deride] are better than them­selves. And neither shall you defame one another, nor insult one another by [opprobrious] epithets: evil is all imputation of iniquity after [one has attained to] faith; and they who [become guilty thereof and] do not repent – it is they, they who are evildoers! O you who have attained to faith! Avoid most guesswork [about one another] for, behold, some of [such] guesswork is [in itself] a sin; and do not spy upon one another, and neither allow your­selves to speak ill of one another behind your backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay, you would loathe it! And be conscious of God. Verily, God is an accep­tor of repentance, a dispenser of grace! O men! Behold, We have created you all out of a male and a female, and have made you into nations and tribes, so that you might come to know one another. Verily, the noblest of you in the sight of God is the one who is most deeply conscious of Him. Behold, God is all-knowing, all-aware.

In the entire scenario that you described above, the issue is not lack of knowledge. The real issue is ignorance, ego, prejudice, and giving into one’s own desire, which in reality is an animal instinct. Humans have been given the faculties of reason and rationality, and at a minimum it’s expected of them to act according to their fitrah upholding universal morality. Besides, if someone acts in order to gain the pleasure of God, did he take the time to read the message of God? Did he really spend some time to sincerely understand the other viewpoint? Did he give himself a chance to understand the criticism that others provide on his own viewpoint? If the answer to these questions is ‘no’, then such a person should be afraid of the accountability that he will have to face on the day of judgement.

• Saeed Ahmad

Member August 13, 2021 at 1:55 pm

Very well explained sir. Thank you. May Almighty bless you for your work.

But, pardon me, we are infact what is encoded in our minds. Everyone isn’t that rational. If we go to those who are followers of sectarianism, they seem to have killed their rationality, thought process as if they never developed it. That’s the reason they fight, they kill and urge others to do so. Maybe, when they were in basic learning phase of life, they never got their brains into good hands and thereafter, they never got the chance to re establish their faith. I am talking of the worst case scenario here because I have dealt with such people who called me “kaafir” just because I suggested them medicine instead of ‘دم’ or Taweez.

It’s unbelievable for me to expect rationality of such people.

Speaking of what is written in Quran, we are told by many many to recite it. Many never read the translation of Quran because what is told to them is that ‘reciting each word will get you 10 good deeds’ instead of what Quran will get them when they understand what is written in it.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 13, 2021 at 4:04 pm

I understand. I’m of the opinion that even such people who fell into the wrong hands at an early stage have a voice of conscience as they reach the age of maturity telling them what is right and what is wrong. As Quran chapter 91 explains that ‘fajoor’ and ‘taqwa’ has been instilled in our nature. It’s not until they repeatedly disobey this voice that it completely disappears. In my understanding, such people won’t be able to justify their actions solely based on their circumstances. If they ridicule others, insult them, or worse yet, kill them, they will have to face consequences in the hereafter.

• Saeed Ahmad

Member August 13, 2021 at 7:56 pm

Thank you so much sir❤️❤️

• Saeed Ahmad

Member August 21, 2021 at 12:33 pm

In all this scenario, if lack of knowledge is the only reason which lead someone into impairment of rationality, but, later on he realizes that he was at fault, and ask Almighty for forgiveness. But he has hurt a lot of people and even been a menance to family, what else he should to pay for what he has done. I mean, the damage done is beyond his approach to be repaired but haqooq ul ibaad have been greatly violated.What are the options. Seeking forgiveness from Allah is definitely a must but seeking forgiveness from all those he hurt might not seem possible, infact, in today’s world, this might not seem to be possible as we are so vastly interconnected to remember all those we hurt. Moreover, I’ve tried it. People start mocking such persons, and it’s the major problem.

• Umer

Moderator August 23, 2021 at 3:32 am

Please refer to the video below from 1:02:24 to 1:05:08

• Saeed Ahmad

Member August 22, 2021 at 9:13 am

Waiting sir, for your response

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register