Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Explanation Of Hadith On Importance Of Ahl-e-Bait

Tagged: ,

• Explanation Of Hadith On Importance Of Ahl-e-Bait

Posted by Talha Mujahid on August 13, 2021 at 4:05 am

what is the explanation of this hadeeth

“میں تمہارے درمیان دو چیزیں چھوڑے جا رہا ہوں جب تک انہیں تھامے رکھو گے کامیاب رہو گے کتاب اللہ اور میرے اہل بیت”

Umer replied 1 year, 6 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • 18 Replies
  • Explanation Of Hadith On Importance Of Ahl-e-Bait

Umer updated 1 year, 6 months ago 6 Members · 18 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 13, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Please share the reference.

• Talha Mujahid

Member August 13, 2021 at 7:43 pm
    • Umer

Moderator August 14, 2021 at 6:50 am

I think following are the Ahadith you might be referring to:

https://sunnah.com/muslim:2408a

https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/49/187

This is simply an advice to respect the household of the Prophet (sws) which of course every Muslim should do. Secondly, as per Quran the wives of the Prophet (sws) are the primary members of the household (Ah-e-bait) of the Prophet (sws). Also in the second Hadith, Prophet (sws) has been reported to have said that “one of the two is greater than the other“.

• Talha Mujahid

Member August 14, 2021 at 6:53 am

I don’t think it’s advice to respect rather command to follow as of following Quran

• اشهل صادق

Member August 14, 2021 at 2:16 pm

السلام عليكم

Even if these reports are true (the chances of which are zero, in my humble opinion, due to a number of reasons), we should keep in mind that the اهل بيت from the Quran’s perspective are our beloved Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and our mothers, his wives رضي الله عنهن and no one else.

• ABDULLAH Malik

Member December 21, 2021 at 6:30 am

Sahih Muslim – 6225

کتاب:کتاب: صحابہ کرام رضی اللہ عنہم کے فضائل ومناقب

باب:حضرت علی رضی اللہ تعالیٰ عنہ کے فضائل

ARABIC:

حَدَّثَنِي زُهَيْرُ بْنُ حَرْبٍ، وَشُجَاعُ بْنُ مَخْلَدٍ، جَمِيعًا عَنِ ابْنِ عُلَيَّةَ، قَالَ زُهَيْرٌ: حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبُو حَيَّانَ، حَدَّثَنِي يَزِيدُ بْنُ حَيَّانَ، قَالَ: انْطَلَقْتُ أَنَا وَحُصَيْنُ بْنُ سَبْرَةَ، وَعُمَرُ بْنُ مُسْلِمٍ، إِلَى زَيْدِ بْنِ أَرْقَمَ، فَلَمَّا جَلَسْنَا إِلَيْهِ قَالَ لَهُ حُصَيْنٌ: لَقَدْ لَقِيتَ يَا زَيْدُ خَيْرًا كَثِيرًا، رَأَيْتَ رَسُولَ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، وَسَمِعْتَ حَدِيثَهُ، وَغَزَوْتَ مَعَهُ، وَصَلَّيْتَ خَلْفَهُ لَقَدْ لَقِيتَ، يَا زَيْدُ خَيْرًا كَثِيرًا، حَدِّثْنَا يَا زَيْدُ مَا سَمِعْتَ مِنْ رَسُولِ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، قَالَ: يَا ابْنَ أَخِي وَاللهِ لَقَدْ كَبِرَتْ سِنِّي، وَقَدُمَ عَهْدِي، وَنَسِيتُ بَعْضَ الَّذِي كُنْتُ أَعِي مِنْ رَسُولِ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ، فَمَا حَدَّثْتُكُمْ فَاقْبَلُوا، وَمَا لَا، فَلَا تُكَلِّفُونِيهِ، ثُمَّ قَالَ: قَامَ رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَوْمًا فِينَا خَطِيبًا، بِمَاءٍ يُدْعَى خُمًّا بَيْنَ مَكَّةَ وَالْمَدِينَةِ فَحَمِدَ اللهَ وَأَثْنَى عَلَيْهِ، وَوَعَظَ وَذَكَّرَ، ثُمَّ قَالَ: أَمَّا بَعْدُ، أَلَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ فَإِنَّمَا أَنَا بَشَرٌ يُوشِكُ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ رَسُولُ رَبِّي فَأُجِيبَ، وَأَنَا تَارِكٌ فِيكُمْ ثَقَلَيْنِ: أَوَّلُهُمَا كِتَابُ اللهِ فِيهِ الْهُدَى وَالنُّورُ فَخُذُوا بِكِتَابِ اللهِ، وَاسْتَمْسِكُوا بِهِ فَحَثَّ عَلَى كِتَابِ اللهِ وَرَغَّبَ فِيهِ، ثُمَّ قَالَ: «وَأَهْلُ بَيْتِي أُذَكِّرُكُمُ اللهَ فِي أَهْلِ بَيْتِي، أُذَكِّرُكُمُ اللهَ فِي أَهْلِ بَيْتِي، أُذَكِّرُكُمُ اللهَ فِي أَهْلِ بَيْتِي» فَقَالَ لَهُ حُصَيْنٌ: وَمَنْ أَهْلُ بَيْتِهِ؟ يَا زَيْدُ أَلَيْسَ نِسَاؤُهُ مِنْ أَهْلِ بَيْتِهِ؟ قَالَ: نِسَاؤُهُ مِنْ أَهْلِ بَيْتِهِ، وَلَكِنْ أَهْلُ بَيْتِهِ مَنْ حُرِمَ الصَّدَقَةَ بَعْدَهُ، قَالَ: وَمَنْ هُمْ؟ قَالَ: هُمْ آلُ عَلِيٍّ وَآلُ عَقِيلٍ، وَآلُ جَعْفَرٍ، وَآلُ عَبَّاسٍ قَالَ: كُلُّ هَؤُلَاءِ حُرِمَ الصَّدَقَةَ؟ قَالَ: نَعَمْ

TRANSLATION:

Yazid b. Hayyan reported, I went along with Husain b. Sabra and ‘Umar b. Muslim to Zaid b. Arqam and, as we sat by his side, Husain said to him:

Zaid. you have been able to acquire a great virtue that you saw Allah’s Messenger ( ‌صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم ‌ ) listened to his talk, fought by his side in (different) battles, offered prayer behind me. Zaid, you have in fact earned a great virtue. Zaid, narrate to us what you heard from Allah’s Messenger ( ‌صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم ‌ ). He said: I have grown old and have almost spent my age and I have forgotten some of the things which I remembered in connection with Allah’s Messenger ( ‌صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم ‌ ), so accept whatever I narrate to you, and which I do not narrate do not compel me to do that. He then said: One day Allah’s Messenger ( ‌صلی ‌اللہ ‌علیہ ‌وسلم ‌ ) stood up to deliver sermon at a watering place known as Khumm situated between Mecca and Medina. He praised Allah, extolled Him and delivered the sermon and. exhorted (us) and said: Now to our purpose. O people, I am a human being. I am about to receive a messenger (the angel of death) from my Lord and I, in response to Allah’s call, (would bid good-bye to you), but I am leaving among you two weighty things: the one being the Book of Allah in which there is right guidance and light, so hold fast to the Book of Allah and adhere to it. He exhorted (us) (to hold fast) to the Book of Allah and then said: The second are the members of my household I remind you (of your duties) to the members of my family. He (Husain) said to Zaid: Who are the members of his household? Aren’t his wives the members of his family? Thereupon he said: His wives are the members of his family (but here) the members of his family are those for whom acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. And he said: Who are they? Thereupon he said: ‘Ali and the offspring of ‘Ali, ‘Aqil and the offspring of ‘Aqil and the offspring of Ja’far and the offspring of ‘Abbas. Husain said: These are those for whom the acceptance of Zakat is forbidden. Zaid said: Yes.

http://www.theislam360.com

• اشهل صادق

Member December 21, 2021 at 7:03 am

السلام عليكم

The explanation of, and addition to, the members of أهل البيت in this report has been made by Zaid ibn Arqam and not the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. The Quran is quite clear that if any group called أهل البيت have a right to extra respect by the Muslims, it is the group consisting of the Prophet of God صلى الله عليه وسلم and امهات المومنين.

This report actually satisfied me by informing that people in the past actually did used to understand أهل البيت to mean only امهات المومنين.

• اشهل صادق

Member August 14, 2021 at 2:10 pm

السلام عليكم

Umer Bhai, if I recall correctly, there are certain other طرق which do not mention the اهل بيت at all but rather other things, for example, the Sunnah or something like the Quran. I also recall Ghamidi Sahab saying that Hassan Bhai has done research on these reports and found that the Prophet actually only mentioned the Quran and nothing else. If I recall correctly, can you please provide a link to Hassan Bhai’s research?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 14, 2021 at 3:01 pm

@اشهل صادق

Hassan sahab has done his research on this topic. According to his findings the only thing that was mentioned in the original narration was the Quran. At some later stage ‘Ahl-e-Bait’ was added, and consequently much later the word was replaced by ‘Sunnah’ by some. This research is not published yet so it’s not available to be shared in any form.

• Talha Mujahid

Member August 18, 2021 at 4:35 am

Please share the findings of Hassan Sb when published

• Amir Zubair Siddiqui

Member November 19, 2021 at 7:36 pm

Still i m not clear please summarize

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 19, 2021 at 7:42 pm

What’s the nature of your unclarity?

• Amir Zubair Siddiqui

Member November 19, 2021 at 8:21 pm

I was asking about the Hadies in which it is stated that Prophet PBUH, was at his house in bed , he called Hazrat Ali, Hassan , Hussain and Fatima put them under a cover of sheet and said these are my Ahle Bait. And at that time Hazrat Ayesha was also in the same house. I wanted to know about this

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator November 20, 2021 at 12:31 am

Okay. Unfortunately this is not the correct discussion.

• Amir Zubair Siddiqui

Member November 20, 2021 at 12:51 am

I think you got me wrong i was asking as a student because i have a discussion with my son last night and i was unable to convince him . Please if you can tell about this Hadies that it is true or zayeef. Moreover why Hazeat Ayesh was not included in Ahle bait

• Amir Zubair Siddiqui

Member November 20, 2021 at 12:45 am

Is there any such Hadies or its Zayeef

• Umer

Moderator November 24, 2021 at 5:30 pm

Ghamidi Sahab has briefly commented on Hadith-e-Kisa (Narration of the cloak) and other ahadith mentioning Ahl-e-Bait. Please refer to the video below from 1:27 to 9:30

• Umer

Moderator October 12, 2022 at 10:38 pm

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 15:55 to 21:15 (specifically from 20:05 onward)

https://youtu.be/Zd-R9n-GeUQ?t=1205

The discussion "Explanation Of Hadith On Importance Of Ahl-e-Bait" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now