Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy World Hunger And Gold In Kaaba

Tagged: 

• World Hunger And Gold In Kaaba

Posted by Fatimah on August 14, 2021 at 4:18 pm

Islam teaches simplicity. What would we explain to a non Muslim about our own holy place that has a gold door and huroof embroidered with gold threads on kiswa.

I don’t understand use of gold on kaaba shareef, can anyone explain should this be permissible? Holy place should be clean, organized but made of gold? Who basically introduced this? Did this even exist in the times of our beloved prophet?

Regards

Fatima replied 1 year, 6 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • World Hunger And Gold In Kaaba

Fatima updated 1 year, 6 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator August 15, 2021 at 12:07 am

The kingship requires display of magnificence and richness. Once the kingship was esablished, it automatically stats displaying such things. In addition to that sometime aesthetic sense also dictates such kind of craftsmanship.

No such thing was there in times of Prophet Mohammad saw and Khulfa rashideen. However, It was expanded to accamodate large number of muslims during Khulfa rashideen era.

Btw there is nothing inherently haram in decorationg Kaaba or any other places.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 15, 2021 at 3:39 am

Islam does not teach simplicity. Islam teaches ethics in whatever condition you are. The prophet adopted simplicity in Madian when financial conditions were not good.

To show reverence for holy places, people have different ways, one of which is to use gold, especially by the kings, since this is what they can. It is not haram, unless something unethical is pointed out. We know in the time of the prophet and king Solomon, he erected magnificent building, one of which was of glass or mirrors, as mentioned by Quran. This is because he has means to do so and it helped him show the pleasure of God on him and his nation.

• Fatima

Member August 15, 2021 at 6:10 am
    • Ahsan

Moderator August 15, 2021 at 12:29 pm

I respectfully disagree with Engineer sb on his stance. One cannot term any thing haram without any basis in Quran o Sunnah. The principle behind determinig halal o haram can be read in following link. I also recommend to watch halal o haram series.
      Discussion 1749
      Discussion 49337

• Fatima

Member August 15, 2021 at 2:37 pm

aap bilkul disagree karsakty hai,bas maine frame nahi pehna hua hai main sabko sunti hun,jaise hazrat aisha ki age jo mirza bhai kehty hai vo main nahi manti janab ghamidi sahab ki baat isme mujhe zyada sahi lagti hai,hamare ideal nabi e kareem hone chahiye uske baad khulfa e rashedeen kyunki unke daur me aisa nahi tha isleye mujhe ali bhai ki baat zyaada sahi lagti hai.rahi haraam o halaal ki baat to baht se cheezy quraan or sunnah me nahi kahi gaye jaise billi,ghady,ghory ham nahi khaty quraan me ek formula diya gaya hai jisse ham baat samajhty hai.quraan me hai ke muminon ki jaan maal khuda ne jannat ke badle girvi rakhe hai or infaq fi sabelellah ko kya kahenge? theek hai agar haram na kahe to befezul to kahenge or fizul kharch shaitan ka sathi hai ye quraan me hai.

• Fatimah

Member August 17, 2021 at 8:05 am

I am not asking if use of gold decorating haram shareef is halal or haram. I am asking is it permissible or OK to use then what are we going to explain this to a non Muslim about millions of poor Muslims around the world are starving and we are using expensive metals only for the purpose of zeenat.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 17, 2021 at 9:08 am

Things are not supposed to be compared in this manner. The gold used in the Kabba is a separate issue from starvation, and it should be dealt with as such. It’s not as if the gold in the Kabba is stolen from the starving and can be used to solve world hunger for good. In order to solve a problem, we should come up with innovative ways instead, and take positive actions that are productive in our own domain. If a government needs to take any corrective actions regarding a problem, we should bring it to their attention through proper channels. Criticizing others in unrelated issues through unproductive channels doesn’t solve any problems.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member October 8, 2022 at 7:24 am

In my opinion, Islam allows individuals to indulge in luxury items once they have given proper Zakat and taken care of Fard obligations.

But, government money is people’s money to be used for their benefit. Spending the money on putting gold in mosques doesn’t sound right. Instead those millions can be used for the benefit of people.

I don’t see how we can justify this from Quran or Sunnah.

Allah’s place shouldn’t show vanity but only comfort and cleanliness.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member October 8, 2022 at 7:34 am

Regarding the example of prophet Suleman from Quran, I think that example doesn’t apply to justify using gold and expensive decorations in mosques. Prophet Suleman had many Jinns working for him to create magnificent structures.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator October 8, 2022 at 9:35 am

Even if it is people’s money, it belongs to the people of Saudi Arabia. It’s not in my knowledge that the people of Saudi Arabia have any concerns in this regard.

• Fatima

Member October 9, 2022 at 12:38 am

us hadees ka kya karenge jisme kaha gaya ki jiska padosi bhoka ho or vo khud pait bar khaya ho to aisa shaks muslim nahi,ye nahi kaha ek agar kisi ke paas apna hi pait bharne bhar ka ho to vo bari hai balki kaha ki jitna bhi hai usme se do,ye to vahi baat hui ke dusra kare to ghalat ham kare to sahi jaise hindu mazhab devtao ko dodh se nahlaty hai to ham kehty hai ki log bhoke hai or ye nemat zaya karrahe hai lekin khud bhi to ham aisa hi karrahe hai ki log bhoke beghar hai or ham sajavat me zayada farq to nahi lagta agar samajhna chahe to,khuda ka deen aya hai logo ko zulm or azeato se nikal ne ke liye agar shaan o shoqat dikhani hoti or issy dusro par rob parna hota to sabse pehle allah ke rasool aisa karty ya taleem dety or unke baad hazrat umar karty kyunki aaj jitni daulat makka walo ke paas hai ussy kahi zaada us waqt thi jinke haatho me rome or persia ki hukumat thi

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register