Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Women Having Relations With Slaves

• Women Having Relations With Slaves

Ahmad Shoaib updated 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 16 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator August 17, 2021 at 3:47 am

I think it was not the practice of Arabs, even before.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 4:39 am

But does the Quran prohibit It?

• Umer

Moderator August 17, 2021 at 5:14 am

No it does not because there was no point in prohibiting a practice that was not there to begin with.

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 17, 2021 at 4:56 am
    • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 4:58 am

And consensus of the scholars is an evidence how?

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 17, 2021 at 5:05 am

What do you mean by ‘how’ ?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 5:14 am

As in how is it considered a piece of evidence- how is it ok to build your argument upon it?

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 17, 2021 at 5:17 am

Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, Allah will not let my nation agree upon misguidance. The hand of Allah is over the united community.”

Al-Tirmidhi said, “The interpretation of the united community, according to the scholars, are the people of Fiqh, knowledge, and Hadith.”

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2167

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 5:18 am

This hadith is weak according to Ghamidi sahab and even if it wasn’t the word is dalalah not khata. You can see shehzad Saleem’s video on this

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 17, 2021 at 10:37 am

Al Mustadark al Hakim 399

Al Mu’jam Al Kabir Tabarani 13448

These are reports are authentic and word ضَلَالَةٍ also means error misguidance etc etc…..

As mentioned in that thread “It is impossible that the whole ummah be united in straying into some error. The reason for this is that the difference between guidance and error has been made evident to a conclusive degree.” But there’s ahadith that Beenish Hussain pointed it out about Hzt Umar r.a. but wording is not like that it’s says if you find a issue then look for it in quran if not mentioned there then look it in sunnat e Rasool if not there then look at consensus of Muslim if still not then do ijtehad….

Musannaf ibn abi shayba 22990

This proves that ijma is only for those issues which is not clearly mentioned in quran or sunnah of prophet

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 10:39 am

This is not the thread for ijma. Also ‘the ummah’ means the whole ummah not just scholars. Enough resources have been provided to show this hadith is not authentic and that the wording does not allow for this interpretation that women cannot have relations with their slaves.

Anything said has to have a basis in the Quran or sunnah and can’t just be made up with whims and desires

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 17, 2021 at 11:01 am

That thread is closed so I can’t respond there anyway I wasn’t talking about hadith in trimidhi but same hadith present in different books with different authentic chain…. that thread doesn’t talk about authenticity of report why its not authentic but interpretation of that ahadith. Ummah doesn’t mean whole ummah but as Imam Trimidhi said it refers to people of knowledge…. Btw Jews Christians Hindus are also included in Ummah. Does it apply to all those huh?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 11:10 am

That same Hadith is not in other collections afaik.

And if the Hadith wanted to say ahlul ilm it could’ve but it didn’t. Please make a new thread for this topic and tag me in it.

• Umer

Moderator August 17, 2021 at 5:23 am

You may want to refer to this thread:

Discussion 51923

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 17, 2021 at 11:09 am

According to 4:34

Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means.

In my opinion woman can’t own a slave for herself. I may be wrong, correct me if I am

Quran 4:24 says about right hand posses that usually refers to female slaves not male

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor August 17, 2021 at 11:11 am

Sure I think 4:24 is a good evidence

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register