Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam An Organized History Of Karbala

• An Organized History Of Karbala

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on August 19, 2021 at 9:24 am

The event of Karbala has left me in an unending loop of confusion. I watched all videos of Ghamidi sb related to Karbala but it’s not complete history and a kind of overview. Read Ammar sb’s article about it and read Maulana Wahidudin Khan’s book on it too. But please please can we have an organized explanation of Karbala as Ghamidi sb understands because it’s confusing when you don’t get an organized detail-oriented study of such events.

I am a student of Political Science and International Relations so I only want to know exactly what happened because there are numerous fake scenarios explained by people. Kindly can we have an organized complication of complete history of Karbala whether in written form or in video.

As per video of Ghamidi sb about Karbala he said Ameer Muavia won through use of force (Talwar k zor par) and he said it was inevitable. Secondly recently when talking about Taliban he said that Muavia govt cannot be called legitimate (Jaiz )from Islamic perspective. So was he a legitimate ruler or not?

Also some say Muavia was a cruel and had hatred for Ali and there was huge bloodshed and cruelty in his regime but recently Irfan shehzad sb said Muavia became unanimous leader and all sahabas accepted him and there was peace in his time. Though people claim his rule was based on fear and he killed people who raised Voice against him.

Karbala Happened due to political mishandling and it was a political issue however people call it a struggle for sake of islam. Was it a political struggle of imam Hussain or political?

So incomplete history has created a lot of confusions and hence an uncertain situation. So please if anyone can explain how Ghamid Sb sees this whole event of Karbala

Plus which of events told by people are right and which are fabricated?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Muhammad Wasif

Member August 19, 2021 at 9:34 am

@Irfan76 @Farhan @Sohail please guide on this issue. I am not asking a truth so that I can make an aqeeda. I know it’s nothing to do with our aqeeda but I want to know as being a curious student of historical events. I want to know the perspective of Al Mawrid Scholors and Ghamidi sb have regarding the events

• Saiyed juned Alimiya

Member August 19, 2021 at 9:38 am

History can not organized 100℅ purely true me bhi student raha hu kai years se. Bus ek baar samj me aayi he ke usma, ali, hasan, husain ke jo bhi qaatil the aakhirat me justice hoga kon the ye history se nahi pata kar sakte he. Je se ke gamdi sir ne bohot simple example diye he

• Muhammad Wasif

Member August 19, 2021 at 9:39 am

I know that already but how Ghamidi sb sees this event his POV can be organized that’s only thing I want.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 20, 2021 at 12:16 am

Politics is a game of propaganda, so one need not to pay heed to blaming game and need to analyze the situations in the then given circumstances, which needs deep studies. In short, allegation of oppression on Muawiah is baseless. He won the power with power and all the companions unanimously swore their allegiance to him. His was the period of prosperity and peace. Every one received his share of stipends the govt issued including Hassan and Husain, who received the greatest of shares.

you need to know the Iraqi factor, which kept creating troubles for the govt right from the time of the third caliph Uthman. They were the ones who invited and enticed Husain to establish his parallel govt in Iraq. There was no question of inability or corruption of Yazid then, only from a a couple of men that that was not an Isalmic way to appoint one’s son his successor. This ideal could not work in the then situation, where integrity of the ummah depended on the Asbiah of Banu Ummiyyah the only mighty tribe to keep all together, this is well expllained by Ibn Khuldoon in his Muqaddimah.

These problems can briefly be commented here, for better knowledge may read the following books:

واقعہ کربلا نئے مطالعہ کی روشنی میں از عتیق الرحمان سنبھلی،

خلافت معاویہ و زید از محمود عباسی

منھاج السنہ از ابن تیمیہ

تبصرہ بر شہید کربلا اور یزید مولانا حبیب الرحمن

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register