Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums World Religions Infancy Gospels And Quran

Tagged: ,

• Infancy Gospels And Quran

Posted by Tamzid Al Hasan on August 29, 2021 at 8:07 am

Why do some verses of the Quran rephrase certain made up stories of infancy gospels which were prevalent in the Arabian Peninsula at that time? Was God correcting the wrong theological concepts of that time by rephrasing the made up stories with correct concepts? If it is true then this rephrased made up stories don’t contain truth but rather lies which were used as a tool to direct then public opinions to a new theology! How can we view this rephrasing thing from the fake infancy gospels?

Tamzid Al Hasan replied 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Infancy Gospels And Quran

Tamzid Al Hasan updated 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 29, 2021 at 9:56 am

I’m afraid that without proper references for the assertions made in this claim, you won’t find any objective answers to it on this forum.

• Tamzid Al Hasan

Member August 30, 2021 at 4:15 am

Experts on the field aren’t clear which has influenced which but there is shocking similarity. See for yourself-

One parallel story between an Infancy Gospel and the Quran is found in the Arabic Gospel Of The Infancy Of The Savior and Surah 19:29–34, where the story of Jesus speaking as a baby in the cradle is narrated.

The Arabic Gospel of the Infancy of the Savior:

v2 “He has said that Jesus spoke, and, indeed, when He was lying in His cradle said to Mary His mother: I am Jesus, the Son of God, the Logos, whom thou hast brought forth, as the Angel Gabriel announced to thee; and my Father has sent me for the salvation of the world.”[18]

Abdullah Yusuf Ali The Quran

Surah 19:29–34

“But she pointed to the babe. They said: “How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?” He said: “I am indeed a servant of Allah: He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet; And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live; (He) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable; So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)”! Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.[19]

• Tamzid Al Hasan

Member August 30, 2021 at 4:24 am

Here Dr. Shabir Ally talks about it.

https://youtu.be/32qk9lp3HAY

I want to know Al Mawrid’s response.

• Yusuf

Member August 31, 2021 at 2:13 pm

Please tell javed ahmed ghamidi sb point of view regarding this

• Umer

Moderator September 1, 2021 at 4:08 am

Following is Ghamidi Sahab’s take on the matter:

The Quran is last and final and not the first Book of the religion it presents. The history of this religion is that when God created man on this earth, the basic realities of religion were ingrained in man’s nature. He was then communicated the following things through his earliest ancestor, Adam (sws):

Firstly, he has a Creator who created him; He alone is his Lord, and as a natural corollary to this, He alone should be worshipped by him.

Secondly, he has been sent in this world to be tried and tested, and, for this, he has been given a clear awareness of good and evil

Thirdly, the Almighty, at various times, will keep sending His guidance according to man’s needs.

Consequently, keeping it in consideration, the following precede the Quran:

i. Innate Guidance found in human nature:

ii. The Tradition of the Religion of Abraham (sws):

iii. The Scriptures of the Prophets:

• Umer

Moderator September 1, 2021 at 4:09 am

For Details, please see:

Discussion 56098

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register