Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy What's The Need To Create Jannah?

Tagged: 

• What's The Need To Create Jannah?

Posted by Fahad Raza on September 2, 2021 at 3:54 am

If Allah is testing the whole human race for Jannah, then don’t you think we need to understand what’s the need for creating it?

With all respect, please don’t come back with saying creation can’t ask the Creator about it.

I know from Quran that our Lord likes to answer sincere questions. If Quran has the answer, please refer the verse.

On the contrary, it makes sense not to send people to Jannah without a stern test.

But, why would you want to create Jannah anyway? Just to test people and see who are the most obedient? Is it a fair reason to test the whole human race for a place that is no doubt beyond imagination.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • What's The Need To Create Jannah?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 2, 2021 at 10:19 am

beyond imagination does not mean unattractive. We are told that there we will have whatever we like. This is the utmost wish “to have whatever one likes” is the greatest attraction for human beings.

Creation of Jannah is to show the bounty of God, prepared eternal blessings for a temporary small test.

• ودود

Member September 17, 2021 at 8:43 pm

Jannah will have the ultimate level of automation that no one has ever seen before. It makes a perfect sense to me if all co-creators like humans are allowed access to it. For example, everything on earth has been working hard since millions of years to push evolution of intelligence to the next level. We humans are also busy creating automation and artificial intelligence. I wont be surprised if the ultimate version of AI scapes through the blackholes leaving us behind to face the doomsday. No worries, the AI will continue serving us and other co-creators in Jannah where all wishes will be fulfilled without having to work for them. This is why God wanted to create Jannah, i guess.

• Fahad Raza

Member September 17, 2021 at 10:35 pm

Thanks @Woody for the reply. However, that doesn’t answer the question. I am not questioning the capabilities of Jannah, but the reason behind putting the whole human race to test.

Why Allah wants to see who are the most obedient people when they have freedom of choice? Why?…if the answer is to select them for Jannah then it raises another question… what’s the need for both, test and Jannah?

• ودود

Member September 18, 2021 at 12:20 am

Let me try again.

Allah wants to try us to select good inmates for Jannah is not the complete story. Allah also wants all of His creation including humans to co-create stuff adding to evolution of intelligence and automation. Why Allah wants it is because it’s the creation that makes Him Ilah or Allah. If a god cannot create he cannot be God. In Quran Allah says something like what have they created who you worship other than God? Meaning, to be God, one must be the creator. In addition, Allah has many attributes that defines Him such as Rehman, Rahem etc. None of those attributes make any sense if He is alone but not a Creator — who is He going to be Rahman with?

You can have a view that Allah could have chosen a more efficient way to create whatever He wants to create by just saying His word “kun”. We can all have views but it’s only His own domain and prerogative to decide what process of creation makes more sense to Him. If i were God’s decision support, i would have advised Him the same gradual process as God is running now that’s because He is supposed to be a full time creator (not someone who once created something but now has retired but one) who continues to create so we as His creature can experience the wonderful journey and at the same time (and more importantly) the process of creation continues indefinitely.

• ودود

Member September 18, 2021 at 12:37 am

Re the freewill, It’s our role in co-creation as designers that necessitated empowering us with free will and jannah (and Hell) is only a control to stop us from misusing it.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 18, 2021 at 1:19 am

God despite being a potential creator, merciful etc, could have decided not to create anything. He needs nothing to prove Himself.

He decided to create in order to put us through test is His exclusive decision and that’s it. One may disagree with it but it is what it is. It is His mercy and bounty that He created to show His mercy but one who rebelliously refuses to win His mercy is doomed. And those who may have valid excuses will be pardoned.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register