Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Why The Passing Of Wind Breaks Wuzu?

Tagged: , , ,

• Why The Passing Of Wind Breaks Wuzu?

Posted by Tushar Dwivedi on September 2, 2021 at 12:30 pm

Assalamoalekum Sir, my question is that -Why farting breaks wudu? If Quran doesn’t say about it then why I go for hadith? How logically it is possible that a wind or gas can impure us? Please Sir, clear my all doubts and also says that If I rejet hadith and believe in Quran then Is my salah valid if I continue it after passing wind?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Why The Passing Of Wind Breaks Wuzu?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 13 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 8, 2021 at 12:50 am

There are two sources of Deen, Quran and Established Sunnah. We take act like prayer and wudu from Sunnah. The Quran mentions then as known practices , not initiated by it for the first time.

It is the established Sunnah Sunnah which told us that wudu gets invalid after wind passes. It is an act of impurity, from the category of defecation. We need to have a higher state of purification before going to stand before God.

• Tushar Dwivedi

Member September 25, 2021 at 4:49 am

But Sir, according to my knowledge that Allah gives to me..Quran consists of mainly two things- 1. Aqaid 2. Amaal ..In the field of Aqaid,it is completely in Quran and also the in the field of acts ( Amaal ) it is also established…Our holy Prophet (PBHU) only tells us how to do those things which are present in Quran that is known as Sunnah .Even Our Prophet can’t add or subtract anything from Quran and if Prophet told us extra things then it is his opinion like a person because About this Quran is silent….And if it is present in Quran 4:43 about the acts in which we can’t pray and that’s sufficient…So why we add extra things in the nullifiers..And Quran also told us that this book is complete.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 29, 2021 at 11:06 pm

This is not the case. Quran came in the tradition of religion which has been transmitting right from Adam and came to Arabia and the middle east from Abraham. That is why the Quran says to the prophet, follow the religion of Abraham.

ثُمَّ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ أَنِ اتَّبِعْ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا ۖ وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ‎

Then We revealed to you, [O Muhammad], to follow the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth; and he was not of those who associate with Allah.

God needed not to list all those practices which were already there, though distorted and the prophet was to correct it under the guidance of God. Quran came to tell in addition to these practices which we call Sunnah. So the prophet did not add anything to Quran. That is why you don’t find details how to say prayer and how to perform Hajj, etc.

• Tushar Dwivedi

Member September 30, 2021 at 6:47 am

But Sir ,there is one querie — Quran doesn’t mention about how to do salah because it was not a new practice for us ,it comes from previous time before our prophet .So that ,Quran says only that offer salah. Just like that, Quran could also tell us that” Don’t go for salah when you are not pure”….Why there is 4:43 which tells us detail about when we don’t have to read salah… According to you my dear sir,if we knew about that when our wudu or ghusl become void before our prophet .so 4:43 verse of Quran why tell us the condition…If it was known practice then why Allah tells us details….Allah can also say that … Don’t go for salah when you are physically impure….He doesn’t have to explain the conditions…..If Quran tells us then it means these are the only conditions because If Allah tells us these things then why he’s can’t add some more such as farting, sleeping,mazi,wadi etc…………It is logical Sir…if these things are also the conditions in which we don’t have to offer salah then Allah can add these topics also in 4:43 .He never gives half or incomplete knowledge to mankind….And if we talk about history ( hadiths)then Ahle sunnat tells us that mazi or wadi breaks wudu because bit was written on their books and On the other hand ,Ahle tashaiyah tells us that mazi or wadi doesn’t breaks wudu ..Both groups have their history books….And if talk about Hanafi school of thought then their is one opinion that passing wind without smell or noise doesn’t breaks wudu….Sir,how it is possible that when hydrogen,methane and other gases released from our anus then it doesn’t breaks wudu but if mixture of hydrogen sulfide and ammonia with these gases( which causes smell) released then our wudu voids…Does it means ammonia and hydrogen sulfide is najasat or their combination with other gases makes it Najis ?So Please Sir,I request you to think deeply about my logics or cross questions !!! Sir,I repeat my previous words that Allah can’t gives us incomplete knowledge…And after all of my cross questions and logics…..Agar aapko ab bhi lagta hai ki hawa kharij se wazu tootta hai because of hadith in Sahih bukhari…..S May be it is mustahab not fard to do wudu after passing gas….Sir please send all my cross questions and logics to Jawed Sir because in these logics or cross questions ,there is nothing against Quran

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 1, 2021 at 5:59 am

You need to know the style of Quran. When an occasions is created, Allah takes up the point and makes it comprehensive by adding relevant details to it, although the addressees know them. For example, 4: 23. They knew that mothers and sisters are forbidden to marry with, but while telling them about the women with whom they should not marry or when to let them go, Allah tells the whole law including the well known practices. Same goes for Wudu in Surah Maida. This Suara is Madanite while the Muslims have been performing Wudu for long. they did not start wudu after this verse.

The differences in some minor details are there about what nullifies Wudu. but if one keeps in mind the purpose of Wudu, one may easily infer that any thing impure like defecation or urination can make Wudu null, the other things related to them like Mazi nullifies wudu too.

• Tushar Dwivedi

Member October 1, 2021 at 9:16 am

Sir ,if according to u- the muslims are practiced wudu before these ayah..Then there is only one single question from myside….Just give me a reference from rest of the 3 holy books which tells that farting breaks one ‘s purity… Because If Quran is silent about that topic then how can I believe that this is right or wrong…It is established practice or bidah by people…. Because If these things are the nullifiers from past era then it should be written on any holy books..Sir,Allah tells us what to do and what to do not ? What to eat and what to not ? What we have to do.it is decided by Allah not human beings…As it comes in Quran that Allah tells Adam that what should he do ? How to live ?…So sir , please give me reference from holy texts because without proof ,all the talks are zero..( As Zakir naik sir always say)…

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 1, 2021 at 9:28 am

you cannot find whole Deen in Quran by asking for refences. where do you find to say how many rakat in prayers? how many rituals of hujj are there. All these practices come to us through the practice of the whole Muslim community. The same community which gave Quran. If you accept Quran to be the word of God because the whole Muslims community unanimously call it the word of God, you have to accept on the same ground all practices of Sunnah which they all agreed upon as practices of the prophets.

The issue you chose is only one thing, there are many other practices still there. either you reject all following your principle that it is not written in the Quran or accept them all as they all transmitted to us like Quran.

• Tushar Dwivedi

Member October 1, 2021 at 11:28 pm

I accept the rakat of prayer,rituals of hajj etc .etc.just because Quran give me a little idea about it..If some nullifiers of wudu are not mentioned on Quran then I accept it as a nullifier..But if it is mentioned like– Don’t go for salah when you are drunk,and comes from toilet and etc. in the ayah 4:43….Then,how can we decide that it is incomplete ?(It is just like As Jawed Ghamidi Sir always says that Except food and drinks only 5 things are haram from Surah Aaraf….But many scholars reject it that It is incomplete and add some more things…Who give this right to scholars that they decide that it is incomplete wheareas onl these things are mentioned in Quran ??)such like that ,my issue is also like this…How can anyone decide that This ayah of Quran is incomplete and there are some more things in which we don’t have to read salah ??? ……I again repeat Sir,if Quran gives me only idea about nullifiers of purity then I accept this issue but if some are mentioned in Quran then I can’t say that this is half knowledge and there are also…..For wudu,we don’t have to go anywhere because it is mentioned in Quran that how to do that..

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 4, 2021 at 5:26 am

Do you find any hint on

rate of zakat?

Women having menstrual period won’t keep fast ?

Circumcision?

Also Quran doesn’t give any hint on tell how many rakaat are there for each prayer.

There is a number of articles which we take for perpetual Sunnah not mentioned or hinted in Quran .

• Tushar Dwivedi

Member October 4, 2021 at 10:08 pm

Just because Quran tells us to give zakah ( that is the hint) how much it is ? That’s from history and also generation by generation…And to offer salah ( how to do ) that is also comes to our generation by generation….But when it comes to the point that how to do wudu then we don’t have to go for the past history or to do as generation by generation comes because it is clearly mentioned in the Quran ( and we can’t say that there are some more steps in wudu and Quran is incomplete) just like that when it comes to the topic that when we don’t have to read salah or tnear salah then it is also mentioned in Quran ( we can’t add some more things in that ayah to say that it is incomplete ). May be it is bidah by past people and they add some more things in deen because we know that there are three categories of people at the time of prophet and after that…….in which second category is Munafiqeen and only Allah knows who are they …So may be they added those topics which are not mentioned in Quran…And Sir,as you told me that this was not a new practice for us..it was coming before our prophet ..So, My dear sir,can you prove this from Torah or Bible..And if not then how can you say that this was present ? It is just imagination and bidah in deen ..

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 5, 2021 at 2:50 am

Dear brother

About breaking of wudu we receive the same practice From generation to generation. These details came with wudu the way other details of ritual s came. If it was an innovation it would he just like other innovations that some people would be doing it and others would be saying it bidah. Since no one differs that is why it is the perpetual Sunnah.

• Tushar Dwivedi

Member October 5, 2021 at 4:10 am

My dear brother ,it is just like an issue of masturbation … mostly all the old scholars said that it was haram but now we know that it is not haram because it is not mentioned in Quran..So,now questions arises that…. Is mostly scholars from 1400 years till the few years ago don’t know the deen ? So answer is…Allah knows best that why they don’t think about that ….Here is also same…I don’t know why the people treat it as a nullifier if it is not mentioned in Quran ….May be it is just because of it’s smell and of it’s passing path…And also my dear Brother, The one view of Hanafi school of thought says that….If passing gas has neither smell nor sound then it doesn’t breaks wudu…..Bro.. Think about it ..if it is impure then why there is an opinion based on it’s smell and sound ….you can watch this opinion in you tube video of Sheikh Makki Al hijaji ( A hanafi scholar)……My dear brother… I repeat my question what is the proof that it invalidates wudu…and how can we decide that the ayah is incomplete ?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 6, 2021 at 8:12 am

Dear brother

I have made my point clear. Its validation comes from perpetual Sunnah. You may keep your point. I have nothing more to say.

Jazak Allah.

Wa salam.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register