Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Is Hamaam An Improper Site?

Tagged: 

• Is Hamaam An Improper Site?

Posted by Deleted User 7113 on September 3, 2021 at 1:46 am

In riwayat, hammam is often mentioned as a improper site. I just want know from Ghamidi sahib, Haasan Ilyas or Faisal Haroon, what is meant by hammam in these riwayat. Because by hammam, it is understood as Bath room. Hammam are found in barbars’s shops also where people take bath after paying certain amount but in one room there is only one person and No one gets naked on front of others. It seems that by hammam in these riwayat means a big room near source of water such as well, where more than one person take bath being naked in front of each other. Is that perception true? Were there separate hammam for male and female or same hammam was used by both. I couldn’t find answer to these question anywhere. That’s why i want this clarification.

Deleted User 7113 replied 2 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Is Hamaam An Improper Site?

• Ahsan

Moderator September 3, 2021 at 2:49 pm

Please provide reference of riwayat

• Deleted User 7113

Member September 3, 2021 at 8:45 pm

There are so many ahadees (riwayat) in which hammam has been denounced. Hammam is declared worst place to go to. Scolding anyone who was seen going to it coming back from hammam etc. I will have to look ahadees books to give exact reference as i usually don’t remember the exact hadees number and book.

• Ahsan

Moderator September 4, 2021 at 5:33 am

Unless you share riwyah its difficult to give an objective answer.
    I can give general comment. If you take care of hifz e furooj you can go to public baths.
    For understanding Hifze furroj and minimum satr for men and women, you can refer to following thread
    Discussion 47826 • Reply 47836

• Deleted User 7113

Member September 4, 2021 at 10:18 pm

In several ahadees hammam have been condemned. I only want to know what was meant by hammam in that time. I am not talking about hifz furooj. If you know what was meant by hammam then tell me. If you don’t know then it’s ok because meaning of hammam in present time is different and can’t be condemned

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register